• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Making Fire Extinguisher Brackets for Later Year 02?

I bought one a few years ago. Mounts right under my passenger side Recaro. I want to say I bought it from Instagram user nicktahoe

I’m pretty sure he’s a member her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

The Bracketeer.  Both of you guys liked that because the guy had a funny accent!

Edit; Both of you guys liked that because the guy sounded normal!

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

That’s the one I have Ray. I got my seller mixed up.

I actually had to use it a month ago. I was able to access the extinguisher pretty quickly and put out a small fire. Not my 02, but my riding mower. [emoji23]

Jason

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

6 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

I have a design in process with the laser cutters right now.  Sorry to say "in process" on yet another thing, but hey, it's coming.  Trying to figure if people would be willing to shell out for nicer leather straps or if they just want simple metal release bands.

Perhaps you can offer one that people just use the bracket that inevitably comes with an extinguisher or a package with some nice polished billet clamps sized for a supplied extinguisher  (or leather if that’s your thing!)

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

3 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

I have a design in process with the laser cutters right now.  Sorry to say "in process" on yet another thing, but hey, it's coming.  Trying to figure if people would be willing to shell out for nicer leather straps or if they just want simple metal release bands.

What I would be thinking about if I needed a fire extinguisher RIGHT NOW would be a clamp that would come undone very easily and very fast.  I'm sure it would be a little bit of a stressful situation, sitting in my car while my car is on fire... (I tend to be worst case scenario, so...)

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

simple metal release band for me.  in that time of urgent need, I would need a quick release latch so I could quickly take care of business

• Like 3

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

12 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Let me know when you have something ready

thanks!

mike

• Like 1

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

As suspected, there isn't a "right" answer, but the intent is to have the bracket work with multiple release styles.

In order from simple to fancy:

1) sticky-backed velcro.

2) mounting straps that come with some extinguishers.

3) billet quick-release. 

4) Leather/nylon straps with Cobra quick-release buckles.

2 hours ago, mike472 said:

Let me know when you have something ready

thanks!

mike

Absolutely Mike! Hope all is well.  I didn't know you picked up a Spyder! Lucky man.