• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oregon folks HELP: Who bought this car in Wilsonville?

garya

AAAAAAND down the rabbit hole I warned you about, you go!

Like I said... Insurance companies are only out to keep money in THEIR pockets, not give you the value of your vehicle you deserve. Happy hunting, they're going to bank on your frustrations and not having transportation to lowball the hell outa ya. if dude was drunk. Maybe hiring a lawyer and coming on strong is a good thing?

On 2/7/2018 at 3:24 AM, 2002Scoob said:

:( so sad. What a fantastic car pre-drunk asshole.

There’s no recouping your time investment, but hopefully the insurance company reimbursed you for the true value of the car. I’m not sure the CO insurance laws, but i got completely boned with my last car that got struck by an idiot while parked under the care of my brother in North Texas.

Was truely an enthusiast car that could easily fetch double the ‘blue book’, and even with 12k in receipts for recent parts, service, and improvements, their rule was you needed to provide proof of value through an average sale price of comparable vehicles sold in the last 6months in a 50 mile radius of your residency.

They refused to accept online posts, forums, or Craigslist for sale vehicles(even things like BAT with a global/nation wide audience) ; and instead cherry picked their own examples through adjusted values of base level cars. After 7 months hassling they barely budged an inch and I lost around 15k in it, and since I live in Germany, parting out wasn’t an option.

They’re ultimately in the business of keeping their money in their own pockets.

Also wish I was in Colorado for your garage sale. Brunhilde has been dropping hints she wants a 5 speed for her birthday. Old girl has expensive tastes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2584960 sold on Ebay in April '17 for $17,900.

HTH

edit:

Here's a couple that sold on BAT not too long ago.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002-13/

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002-15/

Edited by 02Les
  • Like 5

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 3 weeks later...

Can't you just refer them to the NADA Classic and/or Hagerty guide for pricing?  My insurance company (State Farm) just looked at those without even asking me, and cut me a big check for my ~10pt. buck damage.  

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser