Do you own these ESM 002R Wheels?

Hodgepodge

OK, yet another member call out to find out if anyone has these ESM 002R wheels on their 2002.  They are BBS RS 001 knock-offs.  The representative I am exchanging emails with is insisting that he's sold many to 2002 owners, but the ET is only 15 and I can't find a single image of them on a 2002.  These things are stupid-cheap compared to my other options but I do not want to roll the lips of my fenders.  

ESM 002 Wheel

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

When buying from Ary, just kinda protect yourself.

In regards to the wheels, I have seen them on at least one 2002.  With that offset the fronts do pop out from the fender line by a fair amount.  If you are running any sort of lowering spring (or just have a saggy stock setup), you will certainly have to roll the lips.  Not really going to go into the whole Chinese-knockoff deal and how they reflect on the car in general.

If you want to have a nice, re-finished, period wheel then contact Frank at PowderWheels.  He's constantly sourcing/refinishing/selling period alloy wheels for a reasonable price.  Saw a set of beautiful ATS Classics 14x7 he had earlier this month, if those are still available, jump on them.

https://www.facebook.com/powderwheelsofficial/

Edited by AceAndrew

Chimi, thanks for that reference.  I didn't see it before.  Some great looking cars and wheels in there.  

Jireland, that's what I'm thinking.   There are a few examples of this wheel in Chimi's reference, but they stick out awfully far.  

9 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

Hi Scott,

When buying from Ary, just kinda protect yourself.

In regards to the wheels, I have seen them on at least one 2002.  With that offset the fronts do pop out from the fender line by a fair amount.  If you are running any sort of lowering spring (or just have a saggy stock setup), you will certainly have to roll the lips.  Not really going to go into the whole Chinese-knockoff deal and how they reflect on the car in general.

If you want to have a nice, re-finished, period wheel then contact Frank at PowderWheels.  He's constantly sourcing/refinishing/selling period alloy wheels for a reasonable price.  Saw a set of beautiful ATS Classics 14x7 he had earlier this month, if those are still available, jump on them.

https://www.facebook.com/powderwheelsofficial/

Thanks!   I just reached out to him to see what he has.  

Just bought a set of staggered 002s should be here Friday, I'll try to get some pictures of them this weekend.

And yea I agree I don't necessarily like buying cheapo Chinese rep wheels but I have a hard time justifying $1300+ wheels especially when I'm building my car to be driven. Eventually I'll try to get a nice set of RS or RMs needing a refurb but the cheapo wheels will do for now

6 hours ago, 323IJOE said:

Just bought a set of staggered 002s should be here Friday, I'll try to get some pictures of them this weekend.

And yea I agree I don't necessarily like buying cheapo Chinese rep wheels but I have a hard time justifying $1300+ wheels especially when I'm building my car to be driven. Eventually I'll try to get a nice set of RS or RMs needing a refurb but the cheapo wheels will do for now

Who says you can't drive the shit out of a car with 1,300 dollar wheels on it? They're built to be driven on!