• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tedwardcairns

• 2 months later...

I JUST GOT IN MY BEYERN

beyern-mesh-chrome_6.jpg

SKU:  12099009

MESH Chrome wheels by Beyern®. 15" x 7", 4x100 Bolt Pattern, 57.1mm Hub. Beyern wheels are manufactured exclusively to fit BMW vehicles. All Beyern custom wheels wheels are hub-centric

I DON'T HAVE ROLLED FENDERS WHAT SIZE OF TIRES DO YOU THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO GO WITH?

On 9/5/2017 at 2:25 PM, TedC said:

Hey everyone! I'm going to be getting my rims mounted on some rubber soon and was wondering what you all run. I've got a set of the Rota os mesh in 15x7 and I would love to run Toyo Proxxes R888R's but that's not very practical for our fall and winter weather... Thank you for the suggestions!

-Ted

How do you like the Rota OS Mesh wheels?  I'm trying to decide between those and the Rota RB.  I do love the "BBS RS" look of the mesh, but without the BBS price.   Also, how do you like the Stage 2 setup?  I'm leaning that direction too (over the Stage 1), but don't want something that rattles my teeth or breaks engine mounts around on the beat up roads of Seattle.  

Edit:  I should have asked for pics, and/or if you wouldn't mind me driving by to see the result.  ;) 

Edited by wheelieking

16 hours ago, CORY said:

I JUST GOT IN MY BEYERN

beyern-mesh-chrome_6.jpg

SKU:  12099009

MESH Chrome wheels by Beyern®. 15" x 7", 4x100 Bolt Pattern, 57.1mm Hub. Beyern wheels are manufactured exclusively to fit BMW vehicles. All Beyern custom wheels wheels are hub-centric

I DON'T HAVE ROLLED FENDERS WHAT SIZE OF TIRES DO YOU THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO GO WITH?

195 50 15 should work without having to roll your fenders.  I once ran 205 50 15 way back in the day.  I loved the way the 205s looked but hated the rub when I turned too sharp.  I've got yokohama S drives on mine now in the 195 50 15.  Great tire and looks great on the car.  My car is lowered quite a bit so the only  issue I've had is if I hit a compression too fast, they rub on top of the wheel.  That is most certainly a set up issue and not the tire issue.  Post pics when you have them on the car.  I really like those rims.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, wheelieking said:

How do you like the Rota OS Mesh wheels?  I'm trying to decide between those and the Rota RB.  I do love the "BBS RS" look of the mesh, but without the BBS price.   Also, how do you like the Stage 2 setup?  I'm leaning that direction too (over the Stage 1), but don't want something that rattles my teeth or breaks engine mounts around on the beat up roads of Seattle.  

Edit:  I should have asked for pics, and/or if you wouldn't mind me driving by to see the result.  ;) 

Well... I would love to tell you the result but my car isn't together yet... but I'm sure I'll like it reguardless 

1971 BMW 2002 Sahara

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I've been resarching many threads but seem to be finding differing opinions.  

im wanting to move from my stock 13" wheels to 15's  It looks like on this thread you guys have decided 15x7 will work with the right tires. Am I reading that correctly?  I have found a few alpina 15 inch rims. One set is 6 wide and the other 7.  My car does not need paint so I'm not too interested in rolling the fenders.  I'm sorry if you've answered this ten times for newbies already but any guidance you can provide would be hugely appreciated. 

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

I've got 15 x 7 on my car, running 195-50-15s.  Fenders were not rolled.  The ONLY time I have had any issues is when I hit a compression or bump, which causes the fronts tires to rub, but that's because the car is significantly lowered.  If you keep the stock ride height and go to the 15X7, and as long as you don't go wider than 195s, you should be fine and should not have to roll fenders..  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors