• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Did you run it with the band still on it? 

D6E8E131-3B4F-4D01-A921-2F32607C62AB.jpeg

(The band is put on to align the bolt holes and then you are supposed to remove it once it's installed).

Nope.  Put the hose clamp on just in case the Guibo was good enough to go back in.  

• Like 1

-Mark

Current project:  '76 2002 (mostly assembled & on the road)

Past:  '73  2002, '78 SAAB 99 EMS, '88 SAAB 900 Turbo, '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v

'66 VW Bug, '70 VW Bug

2 hours ago, Glen Karr said:

Had new to me wheels mounted on my Tii.  FPS 'Soup Dish' Straightened, blasted and powder coated.  Loving them. Wish I knew they were options when I bought the car in 74.

Glen

New Wheels.jpg

My favorite wheel on a squarie! Better late than never! :)

• Like 3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Got in a small parking lot scuffle back in September, leaving the tail panel pushed in a couple inches. The body shop is also fixing the damage from my accident back in 2010. Maybe I need a backup sensor.

Finally got to see the car this week. Should be sprayed now - while the engine bay and trunk wear the original Caribe paint, the rest of the car is a few shades lighter so the rear will match that. One day will take the whole thing back to the blue/green of Caribe and fix the rusty rocker.

619A4952-BF49-4F48-AF13-EC82C6FBEB49_1_102_o.jpeg

• Like 3

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

On 10/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, 2002iii said:

Finished making my getrag 245 transmission case separator tool and used it to open up a transmission I bought for parts. This is what happens when the front counter shaft bearing explodes.

20201025_181726.jpg

I may have to pick your brain on that custom tool... Did you have a resource to fab it, or just did it on your own?

On 11/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, man_mark_7 said:

Test fit of the e21 Recaros I just picked up. A friend pointed out a new Craigslist listing that was only 15min from my house in Eastern MA. They are still out there! I plan to replace the webbing, then run them until they really start to crack apart. They are amazingly intact and solid for their vintage, just need a couple knobs and cable fixes to be fully functional. Interestingly, the driver seat is in better condition than the passenger. 

I never sat in a e21 Recaro until installing these. It really changes the whole vibe of the car. You sit IN a Recaro vs. sitting ON the stock seats. I might have to re-think that decision to go without the A/C though, they are so form fitting.  Black, snug vinyl seats on a hot summer day might be too much without A/C. 

Anyone have any tips for cleaning up the posts that hold the headrests?

Anyone looking for a nice, uncracked / untorn set of stock seats? The horsehair is toast but they are good condition survivor seats otherwise.

DvPGpcctWRhqhW4z7cmPYrx4Ru9ct8dvETFfULh_

DHuZb4nOlkC49YBrQ3dk1Ptun-sH81TMrqTVJkIv

nb2tJNno5p0P-uc8znQhVeD-h9C71l_hkUxDaxXw

Nice score! I’m on the hunt for some myself. Do you mind if I ask how much those hit your budget?

Pulled the swapped engine to...

Replace the selector rod seal in the trans

Tighten a loose timing belt tensioner bolt

Replace the shifter bushing

Fix a coolant leak...

The proceeded to put the engine back in and do 1-wheel peels as I don't have a limited-slip diff yet but I do have summer tires on cold and wet Wisconsin roads. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1976 Jade Green 2002 M20 swap (project)