• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Not Source Wurth Adhesive For Sun Roof Seal?

Following Bo Black's Tii Restoration, he highly recommend that for the sunroof seal.  After looking around locally as well as Automotive Paint Supply, they don't carry it. I tried calling Wurth, and when they found out I was not a distributor or service provider, they would not sell it to me?

So...

Does anyone has some I can borrow (shades of Grey Poupon)?  I will pay for shipping.

Is there another source who is more friendly to provide?

Is there another product just as good that I can use that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

Justin 

I've always use plain old Weldwood contact cement (solvent-based, not water based).  3M also makes a trim adhesive that's essentially the same thing, AKA Gorilla Snot.  It will outlast the seal itself, and has been holding my sunroof seals in place for 20 or so years...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

48 minutes ago, mike said:

I've always use plain old Weldwood contact cement (solvent-based, not water based).  3M also makes a trim adhesive that's essentially the same thing, AKA Gorilla Snot.  It will outlast the seal itself, and has been holding my sunroof seals in place for 20 or so years...

Exactly what I was going to say.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

The Wurth rubber cement seems to have slipped down in adhesive quality since Keith Kreeger recommended it during his tii restoration. It hasn't worked for me well at all on my 69.  The Weldwood contact cement works much better. Follow the directions and let the parts tack up before pressing together.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

7 hours ago, mike said:

use plain old Weldwood contact cement (solvent-based, not water based).  3M also makes a trim adhesive that's essentially the same thing

mike

yep...save some $ and angst...get it at lowe's or home depot, walmart if you can find a place to park...

unless you're the type that won't wear a shirt with a lizard on the label...then spend the big bucks and pay more for the same