• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 123 Ignition - lost in the mail

Kidasters

42 minutes ago, Essem.w said:

Wow, you too eh?! Mine shipped on the 24th of November and according to the tracking number it never arrived in the states. At first I thought "must be stuck in customs" but last week I started thinking that it's likely gone forever....I'm more than bummed considering that I only moved on it because my other distributer took a dump...car ran less than 6 months since a major overhaul and now it's sitting yet again. 

If you are in a bind, I have a mechanical advance dizzy (Bosch 002) that I can send you to tide you over.  Also - e-mail 123.  I'm hoping that they will make this right.

PM me with your address if you want a spare.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

10 hours ago, Kidasters said:

If you are in a bind, I have a mechanical advance dizzy (Bosch 002) that I can send you to tide you over.  Also - e-mail 123.  I'm hoping that they will make this right.

PM me with your address if you want a spare.

Ken

Thanks Ken, That's a very generous offer. PM sent. 

This thread made me curious about mine.  Ordered 2 days before the deadline, and didn't worry or check after getting numerous emails from 123.  Noticed via tracking site yesterday that it was in country (USA) & cleared customs, and it was delivered today!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

John, I'm glad you got yours and hope that there aren't too many that haven't yet. Mine is still showing nothing under arrival in the destination country. I guess after the holidays I'll have to have 123 start looking for mine too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

PostNL? Probably the worst parcel company in the world. They're cheap, and that is all that can be said for them. If it is new stuff you're sending, for which you have an invoice, it is really cheap and easy to insure the package up to sizeable amounts. But if it wasnt insured, essentially you're screwed. I could type for hours going on about the things I've been through with PostNL ... good luck, I hope it shows up, or that the insurance reovery process is easy ...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I sent a note to 123 last night, and got a reply this morning -

"Unfortunately no news. We will order a replacement and ship a new unit later this week."

I have asked if we can ship with a different company (UPS or DHL) and that I would gladly pay the difference.

I will let you guys know what happens.  While it's disappointing that it got lost in the first place, I'm happy with 123's customer service, and their willingness to work with me on this.  Luckily, I'm not desperate for this part right now.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Ken, I'm glad they're working with you on this. I just received an inquiry from the usps international group yesterday to confirm that I did not receive the Netherlands post parcel. So far, 123 customer service has been good and I hate it I'd they will have to eat any of this because of the choice of shipper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I got a new note from 123 yesterday.  2nd one has departed their facility.  I offered to pay more for a different shipper, but unfortunately, this one is also via PostNL.  

I also filled out a form for the USPS that said I never received the original parcel.

Fingers crossed.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

47 minutes ago, Kidasters said:

I got a new note from 123 yesterday.  2nd one has departed their facility.  I offered to pay more for a different shipper, but unfortunately, this one is also via PostNL.  

I also filled out a form for the USPS that said I never received the original parcel.

Fingers crossed.

Ditto on all fronts. Everything that can be crossed is. 

1 hour ago, Kidasters said:

I also filled out a form for the USPS that said I never received the original parcel

If there was any insurance, someone will go looking for it now.

I had a camshaft lost and insured.  As soon as I filed the claim, bam, the camshaft appeared the next day.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.