• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock exhaust question - tii vs non-tii

laundromatt

There was no difference in the exhaust systems (behind the down pipe)  between the standard 2002 and the tii for each year.  There is a difference between the center exit exhaust and the side exit but that is based on year.   

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

13 hours ago, Preyupy said:

There was no difference in the exhaust systems (behind the down pipe)  between the standard 2002 and the tii for each year.

That´s wrong. There were and are different part numbers for original BMW tii and non-tii pre-silencers/resonators and mufflers. For the pre-silencers one can see the difference just from just comparing the look of both parts. 

Besides that the diameters of the connections and the overall length do not differ so that each part can generally be mechanically combined with every other. So a tii muffler can be mounted on a non-tii car and should do no harm there.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

34 minutes ago, saaron said:

That would be the only time in recorded history that a tii thing was cheaper.

At least that's what it feels like to me. :)

Scott

Heh, yeah.  That's why I thought it would be too good to be true, that I can use a tii version as a cheaper replacement.

-