• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

430 HP Turbo M10?

2002Scoob

Is this to be believed? because Holy Crap... That would be one hell of a monster!

A post from Petrolicious about 2002's on facebook brought this fellow up from Sweden talking about his car, I wonder if he's here>

big Numbers.PNG

Per his post, Built M10 Turbo, E85, and a 6speed from a 530d??? More fable than fact? Would love to know more!!

14691142_10209322535233787_1493879863753288043_n.jpg

There's actually one in Sweden with 740whp, but he could've found more horses by now.  Some pics and videos aren't there, but there are pics on the 2nd page.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I would think a 500 hp M10 would be almost durable.

Now, it you get over 1000, that's a qualifying run only, then time for a rebuild.

At least, if I remember the early 80's correctly.

MEGATRON!

hee hee... had coffee!

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

This is very similar to my setup but not as ghetto as this guy! I've kept the authentic 2002 feel in my build and added some more improvement comparing to his setup. I wouldn't believe the stats printed in that link. 430HP is unrealistic when using Garrett 25 (200-330hp max). I'm running better improved setup using disco potato (Garrett GT28R) and will be more than happy to pull even 300hp after my build is completed.

2 hours ago, TobyB said:

Certainly an interesting way to mount coil packs...

t

Compensates for never being able to change the spark plugs.  

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

28 minutes ago, abuser said:

I am running a turbocharged m10 in my 02. 480bhp. They are incredibly fast with the Power to weight ratio! Planning on putting up a thread with Pictures and spec if anyone is interested.

Yes but you're using a flux capacitor Marty.

6 hours ago, Driv3r said:

I wouldn't believe the stats printed in that link. 430HP is unrealistic when using Garrett 25 (200-330hp max).

Its interesting that you say that because in another article they discuss power requirements required to get a car thru the standing 1/4 mile. http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=108704 and according to a couple of graphs, and using the 1/4 mile speed and time (" an easy 12.7-second ET at 114.8 mph ") a 1000kg (one ton) car would need about 200kw (aka 267bhp) which fits your figures to a (G) Tee (25)! 

02tii 2751928 (2582)

400HP would require a ton of boost, well over 2BAR, and a very specific tune with a ton of fuel. While yes it isachievable it would not be reliable... I would rather have 200-250 all day, rather than a few dyno runs before having to tear it all down again and refresh it.