• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jrkoupe

Yea... not sure why I haven’t posted these on this thread. They were on Pelican Parts and one of the Houston guys got them before me. He ended up not liking them and I snagged them. They are meant for my next project...

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

3 hours ago, zinz said:

Had these a couple years now. Seeing the Scheel in the BMW dealer accessories brochure from Steve makes me think I really need to install these. 

80564E25-D05E-4F2A-9E15-68F9B5409BF2.jpeg

Ed Z

Those are ok.

:P

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

@zinz Beautiful seats! Are they Scheel 201s? Do they still have the original Scheel tags?

I just got a couple of Scheels that the seller said are factory-option 200s, but they've been recovered (badly). They're a little bigger than I thought they'd be and it's pretty hard to tell the Scheels apart.

IMG_2983.JPG

12 hours ago, markmac said:

Nice.  Looks like a 302N (nomex), and in pretty good condition it appears.....orange just shows the grime whereas black doesn't so much.  302's are VERY narrow, you have to be a smaller person than I to fit in one (I have one in blue nomex), I didn't fit.  Sadly the nomex and foam was total junk, of course that tends to happen after 50 years.  Belts are cool, I like those, but then only good for display (and maybe driving around town).  They were using Autoflug harness/belts on mine, which came with the car remarkabley (display only at this point....).

Which Autoflug harness you are using?

I recently bought these rough project seats. They are out of a 86 Alfa Romeo GTV6. For $100 for the pair, I can't go wrong, well maybe on second thought....    A pic of the way they look now (leather is shot) and a pic of the same seats in cloth (not mine) in a 2002. Unknown who the seat manufacturer is for these seats. 

FB_IMG_1596925472344.jpg

FB_IMG_1596998088959.jpg

Edited by Gordon
  • Thanks 1

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

14 hours ago, mccusername said:

@zinz Beautiful seats! Are they Scheel 201s? Do they still have the original Scheel tags?

I just got a couple of Scheels that the seller said are factory-option 200s, but they've been recovered (badly). They're a little bigger than I thought they'd be and it's pretty hard to tell the Scheels apart.

IMG_2983.JPG

Autos International $$$ they do incredible work.....

Too heavy to ship?  Really?  I just was able to get that ASS race bucket shipped from Germany, seems to me that you should be able to find a way.  I shipped a seat a few years back on Greyhound.  Very economical and easy cheeeesy.  You can pull the headrest and separate the back from the bottom and make a pretty compact package.  I am sure there are folks back there that do high end work = Autos, I just wouldn't have an idea who they are.....

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Too heavy to ship?  Really?  I just was able to get that ASS race bucket shipped from Germany, seems to me that you should be able to find a way.  I shipped a seat a few years back on Greyhound.  Very economical and easy cheeeesy.  You can pull the headrest and separate the back from the bottom and make a pretty compact package.  I am sure there are folks back there that do high end work = Autos, I just wouldn't have an idea who they are.....

+1

I agree with Mark. Especially when the seats need re-doing, Greyhound is a viable shipping method. Separate back rest from seat cushion. Bubblewrap and clear wrap them together. LOTS of both. Tony will figure out how to get your gorgeously-restored seats back to you!

My upholsterer from my Atlanta days, the Mad Stitcher, was fabulous with stock BMW seats (first and second photos). But I'd send a vintage Recaro or Scheel to Tony. That's my plan for my Idealsitz S seats (third photo).

Best regards,

Steve

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind going to his local Greyhound depot and picking them up! ? I know it's worked for some people but Greyhound is a huge pain, and they lost my Dad's 911 Turbo whale tail, so no-go for me.

If you looked at how much it actually costs to Fedex or UPS these, you might not spend my money for me! I already shipped them from Germany and it made me cry.

There has to be top-notch upholstery shops in the tri-state area. 

The seats are already in pieces though-- mostly because I can't for the life of me get them back together.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mccusername said:

I'm sure Tony wouldn't mind going to his local Greyhound depot and picking them up! ? I know it's worked for some people but Greyhound is a huge pain, and they lost my Dad's 911 Turbo whale tail, so no-go for me.

If you looked at how much it actually costs to Fedex or UPS these, you might not spend my money for me! I already shipped them from Germany and it made me cry.

There has to be top-notch upholstery shops in the tri-state area. 

The seats are already in pieces though-- mostly because I can't for the life of me get them back together.

I'll bet Tony's "got a guy" who can rescue a seat or two from the Greyhound terminal! And, hey, that whale tail is now in the hands of someone who obviously needed it more than your Dad! ?

But, yes, if you found an "East Coast Tony" in the tri-state area, my Idealsitzen might not visit California.

OK. I'm counting on you!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Matt is a good resource for sure, you might also reach out to Paul Wegweiser, before his latest new life working for Maximillion, i want to say he was working for a high end resto shop, jags, porsche's, ferrari's etc.,  Tony is to Porsche interior restoration and especially early sportsitze, what google is to search.  He has really created a brand for hiimself.  No personal experience but have eyeballed some of his work close up - its really, really good.

I would still consider Greyhound, and then just insure for 4x value, if they 'don't make it' then you have your Recaro Idealsitz S's....

• Like 1