• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Thrill(s)

airborne85

Hi All

Always looking for a little something.  A little more uuummph.. A little wow that's pretty cool.  Well today was that day..

I bought my daily driver 1971, 02', 38/38, 5spd some brand new NGK-BPR6EIX-6637 iridium spark plugs, from oreillys. I installed them straight out of the box. No gapping eventhough they measured at .25

I dig this for the sake of shiggles and I'm here to tell my normal spirited drive home was enhanced two fold....

Hopefully there's two to a few folks on the forum that would not mind taking a chance and buying/installing these things...Then maybe we can start a thread about the experience..

Oh and of course I looked at them on Youtube first then became extremely curious

Until then drive safe, relatively safe

ira

Hey Jrhone

I've been reading your contributions for awhile.  I'm absolutely sure you'll like these plugs.

Good point Toby I almost forgot.  They did glow (even in broad daylight) when I removed them from the box- I don't know what that's about- But, took immediate action I put on my stage 4 iridium suit as I installed these puppies, just before my dental appointment on the streets of Downtown Oakland- Toby I think it's active.

Nomad,

It's secret bro. Only those who know, know, but who knows.. I'll just keep it at that....

Money well spent IMO

ira

•  

Just an update.....

I went Youtube (university) again. I watched an interesting video on Berryman B12 Chemtool.  From what I saw it seemed to be pretty effective in cleaning the internals of the engine. Soooooooo I bought some of that put an entire can in the gas tank.

The Berryman coupled with my new found iridium spark plugs are an absolute joy...

All this to say my car was running very well before these endeavors.  "I just wanted to see"...So far so good =)...Results may vary

ira

On 6/10/2016 at 2:59 PM, TobyB said:

Are they spluttered iridium, or depleted?

With Yttrium?  Rhodesium?  Constantin?

hee

t

Istanbul?

Interesting that the first, and five star Amazon review for these plugs is as applied to a '74 tii...

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Good morning Mintgrun

I have moved on from the Engine Restorer which I was a big fan of now I use Risoline Engine treatment..Seems to be a small step up from Engine restorer..  Try the Risoline there's something to it especially if you've experienced the engine restorer.. 

I havent explored much in the way of coolant.  Simply because my car runs at the 4-5 oclock position...

As for the rotation of the iridium well this is my first experience with them.  I have to admit with normal plugs I just use a wire brush on them and put them back in..Probably frowned upon but that's what I do in my world =)

ira

Just threw a set in.  Initial thoughts are they are an improvement.  Slight.  Its got a better throttle response.  I would bet its not making more power, but the power is more usable.  I'll post back after a few days with more in depth thoughts.  The info I read up on said that the advantages are they are more difficult to fowl, better throttle response, a 1-3% HP increase, a more consistent spark, and a hotter spark.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

2 hours ago, jrhone said:

Just threw a set in.  Initial thoughts are they are an improvement.  Slight.  Its got a better throttle response.  I would bet its not making more power, but the power is more usable.  I'll post back after a few days with more in depth thoughts.  The info I read up on said that the advantages are they are more difficult to fowl, better throttle response, a 1-3% HP increase, a more consistent spark, and a hotter spark.  

Where did you purchase them?

-