• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sold on BAT...... hi end car....Tii

jrkoupe

4 minutes ago, laundromatt said:

No, definitely less desired. :)

but I do see, and perhaps u r saying this......that to non purist types, a square tail may be more "ok"..lol.....due to these 2 cars, yes

hey, when early 911's went thru the roof.......it dragged all variants.

Edited by jrkoupe

58 minutes ago, jrkoupe said:

To me, this is a 25-35k car all day long and that's it.....I  don't care what the costs were to get it where its at.

I'm not picking on you, but this the last such comment I've seen like this with regard to 2002s so I'm quoting it.

I've owned Porsche 356 and air cooled Porsche 911s for a while - during the dizzy run up in prices over the past 8 years on those cars, I can't count how many comments just like that I've read.  They've all had to eat their words.  These cars are only midway through the run-up IMO.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

1 hour ago, tomphot said:

I'm not picking on you, but this the last such comment I've seen like this with regard to 2002s so I'm quoting it.

I've owned Porsche 356 and air cooled Porsche 911s for a while - during the dizzy run up in prices over the past 8 years on those cars, I can't count how many comments just like that I've read.  They've all had to eat their words.  These cars are only midway through the run-up IMO.

I don't feel picked on at all......

I wont eat my words because that's how I feel the car is worth to me in my bones.

I agree, they are only mid way or so......wait midway?.....ok maybe

I bought a 70T in 05 for 12k and all my buddys said I got ripped...lol......

I see u have an 85 911......so those are now what, hi 20's on up to 40 ish?...I  recall not too long ago when they were12 ish on up .....

RSA cars are over 50k......up to 6 figures.......

I still cant say what the upper end for our little boxes will be.........where will the average driver fall?.....9-15K?.......20k?.....

we are in the midst of some wild times, like it or not.

I just wonder ( in the next 10 yrs)what classic rides will remain affordable to the real middle class enthusiasts?

Edited by jrkoupe

Mill Valley is also the home of this car -1972 2002tii #2762084 in Polaris silver

Apparently H&B wheels are a requirement for restored/modified 2002tiis in Marin County.

It's not stock, either, but I can vouch for its subtle modifications and completely rustfree body.

I'm quite certain if you were to offer $71K to the owner for it, he'd merely smile.

KelsHome.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

5 hours ago, jrkoupe said:

To me, this is a 25-35k car all day long and that's it.....

Awww...how cute! A $25-35K tii in this condition today?!  You're SO quaintly 2002...The YEAR 2002 that is! :-)

COOP

Dang at this rate I think I might need to stop thrashing my car at the track.  Its obviously not as nice as this one (mine has no interior whatsoever)  but at this rate i should drive it like a normal 02

just a little less thrashing :D

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O

I'm looking at the unrestored Malaga 2002 Tii in my garage that looks every bit as good, has a CA history with no rust, and I'm just smiling....

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

19 hours ago, NYNick said:

I would never had paid $70k for that car, and I'll venture to say it will turn out to be a losing proposition for the new owner.

No.

Not if it makes him smile.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Meanwhile, because of all the noise on BaT, this one on eBay must've slipped past everyone's radar:

Non-matching #s, too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2002-2002-Tii-2002-Turbo-2002-E10-02-/331866835628?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d44ce0aac:g:uBUAAOSwoJZXSTfW&item=331866835628

And yes, it did indeed sell.

Edited by Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Well, I would never try to equate somebody else's money with their idea of fun. That would be an exercise in futility. People will spend whatever they want to bring a smile to their face, and that rarely has anything to do with market value... it is only the value of fun TO THEM. 

I will also not try to define what makes a hot rod a hot rod...there are endless debates about this everywhere. But if there's a car with an engine that's been upgraded, that is not numbers matching, that has a different transmission, different engine cooling and other non-stock bits and pieces, it meets MY definition of hot rod.

My point was this car is not a true Tii comp. Will the rising tide rise all the other boats? I selfishly hope so, : ) but believe otherwise.

The Tii is rising all on it's own, and rightfully so.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

Two Tiis, one at $55K and another at $71K. Seriously? The market must be a lot hotter than I would have imagined.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

And to think I was willing to let my car go for $25 not too long ago. The regulars here know the car in reference. 

The madness has turned into insanity. Sadly now a cheap project or parts car is gonna be hard to find with all the new fools looking to cash in on the new CA gold rush. 

I'm gonna get into AMC's before they are no longer unwanted. 

But what do I know.

ray4prez.jpg

But what do I know