• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burgers & BMWs

XAVMECH

A group portrait of the first ten stalwart 2002 owners this morning at BMWCCA's (Puget Sound Chapter) Burgers and BMWs, in 

Issaquah, WA.  The weather was a mixed bag this morning for this event, now in its 7th year, at the historic XXX Root Beer Drive-in.

image.jpeg

Centro Basco is cool (food is OK) but a bit worn; I'm sure one of you foodies out there have a Santa Ana  /  Costa Mesa  /  Newport  /  Torrance hang out in mind.  Alpine Village could be cool or a few hours at a County Park could be excellent. just some thoughts.........................

or just a plain old IN an Out would do...............

Edited by vinntagejoe

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Wes would get a count and figure out if we need to have a special location or not.  If we end up with a dozen or so then I'm sure a cool place would give us a nice section.  Off the top of my head Slaters 50/50 in HB is not a bad spot....

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Here are my pics. Also, for those who know I was having issues with my car at the end of the event (started, idled, fora  while then died), I had a cracked distributor cap which caused me an hour or two of head scratching.... But all is back to normal now. Good to see everyone!!

20160531_154644.jpg

IMG_2019.JPG

Gary searching through my big bucket of bolts for a few specialty ones

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2029.JPGIMG_2027.JPG

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I wanted to go!, but my wipers are only working intermittently, so I did not show. The trip to and from Lemay was interesting enough with wipers having a mind of their own, whether they wanted to work or not. I am pretty sure I know the cause, just have not gotten to it.

02SIG Feb.04 #24.JPG

Maybe we need to have an Early Summer Tech Session to wring out some of these nagging little issues. There's a wealth of knowledge here on this site, and I saw some great ideas/improvements on the cars that were there....  Seems like there's some common concerns :(

On 5/29/2016 at 1:21 PM, XAVMECH said:

A group portrait of the first ten stalwart 2002 owners this morning at BMWCCA's (Puget Sound Chapter) Burgers and BMWs, in 

Issaquah, WA.  The weather was a mixed bag this morning for this event, now in its 7th year, at the historic XXX Root Beer Drive-in.

image.jpeg

TASTE THE RAINBOW !!!

What a cool group shot!!

Thanks so much for posting.

I can bring my daily driver '76 Mint Grun to any SoCal gathering.

I am registered in the group on this site, but don't know how it works as far as getting everyone together.

Philip

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip