• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the most interesting thing you found in your 02 during restoration?

Alexkafy

Today's find - Rather than replace the washer hose, just splice it with a piece of toilet water supply pipe.

Photo%20Jan%2018%2C%201%2017%2012%20PM.j

Hey! That's 100psi. An upgrade.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

same here, not a single item. No dead animals, no $, no drugs, no tools, no paper slips. nothing....... and I've been in every inch of the car. I think the previous owner(s) was quite the neat freak.

Maybe leave a surprise for the next caretaker of your 02. Like one of those fake lotto scratchers that says you've one a million bucks. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

In my 1975 Mintgrun: coins, a matchbook, an empty plastic film canister (popular for herb storage in those days), some oil change cards in a little plastic pocket on the driver's door. I saved those, because I remember having them on my '71 in the '70s. And because now I can prove my (now) East Coast rustbucket is really a "dry California car ". I did not find the broken bottle of patchouli oil that has made my car stink since I bought it. Carpeting, insulation, and seats are now out. Much better.

But the horror was finding a cheap faux diamond bracelet and some nasty lace panties jammed in the trunk near the gas filler tube. I sincerely hope that these didn't belong to the last PO, because I met her. Shudder.

Can this be reproduced and put up for sale in the FAQ store???

Found this handy tool underneath the backseat in my first 02 30 years ago. Still keeping it in my current.

Tool_zps5c0ey6my.jpg

Comb your hair at the same time your opening a beer?

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777