Alexkafy

What was the most interesting thing you found in your 02 during restoration?

48 posts / 3731 viewsLast Reply

Today while I was removing the heater box I found this old invoice from a texaco from 1982 behind the insulation foam under carpet. Found to be pretty neat. What interesting thing have you found in you 02?

Guatemalan coins, and an old mix tape..  Mix tape ribbon was beat so unfortunately I couldn't play it, also I don't have a tape player...

The coins aren't too crazy of a find since the car did come from Guatemala.

Under the back seat in my '73...a 14k gold charm that apparently belonged to the original owner's wife.  Nearly 20 years later I accidentally ran into him (not literally!) and asked if it was his wife's--it was (bridesmaid gift) so I sent it back to them.

Since I bought my '69 new, anything I found in it was mine to begin with...

mike

In the pocket behind the drivers seat:   Original Service Booklet from Barrington(IL) Motor Werks issued to B. Rahal of Glen Ellyn, IL.

mac.

Registration from 1976 (ish), probably original owner, behind glove box.

My friend's (most recent previous owner) little black book :)

When I found my '72 tii abandoned in a NYC parking garage in '98, the original window sticker was in the glove box in perfect condition, along with an inch thick of service records from '72-'89 substantiating the odometer miles of 46K and change. Also cool was a styrofoam roadside kit in great shape containing bulbs, belts, points, filters, etc. Finally, we found a human skull wrapped in gauze under the rear seat. It mysteriously disappeared before DNA testing could prove that it was Hoffa.

COOP

Under back seat was a little photo of a girl. No name nothing but i'm pretty sure she isn't Tasha - baby. No card & jewelry either so...

Coins and tools - nothing special.

I found an 8-ball of cocaine lodged up in the dashboard of my first car. I was tempted to do some, but being that I have no idea how old it was, I chose to not sniff it. I did taste it though. Definitely cocaine. 

Old receipts under the back seat

DSC_1263.jpg

Some old club cards in the driver's side door (Long Beach, CA)

IMG_7586.jpg

And the PO's old cell phone that fell out of the cardboard near the glove box

IMG_7772.jpg

The temporary registration from the BMW dealer in Monterey California that had been taped to the inside of the windshield

Best of all,in the glove box, a book of matches with the advertiser JOB rolling papers. SOOOO period correct for a 1975

I keep it in the ash tray now just to be vintage correct.

posted before but this is what I found in a 3.0cs - corsican vendetta knifes, small calibre bullets and a very heavy brass knuckle duster.

DSC_0016.jpg

bullets.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

and the obligatory rat

rat.jpg