• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moto Lita steering wheel

Beemeup

So I went through their website and ordered up a Mk III wheel for my 2002. Clicked off all of the boxes that suit my car, including the mounting boss kit. Shows as available for the 2002. Awesomeness! Click click click, send payment, boom. All good, right? Wrong. A week later I get an email: they don't offer the mounting boss kit for our cars any longer. But if I can find a Momo or Nardi boss, they'll sell me an adapter.

Ugh, really? So if I want one of their wheels I have to hunt and peck for parts and HOPE that it all fits and works together?

Cancel my order please! And while you're at it, update your website to let us know that you no longer care about us.

Am I wrong?

Anthony

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1972 2002 Atlantik

Bunch of old airhead BMW motorcycles

I agree. But imagine ordering a Ford and telling the customer that it needs a Chevy component to operate. Lol. Ok I'm done venting, thanks. Back to my dark little basement......

Anthony

1972 2002 Atlantik

"But imagine ordering a Ford and telling the customer that it needs a Chevy component to operate." ...if you had owned an early 2002 with an air pump as part of the emissions stuff, a close look would reveal the pump was made by Saginaw Gear Works, a GM division.  It and its accompanying gulp valve carried Chevrolet part numbers, and were much cheaper at the Chevy emporium than at the local BMW dealer...\

So, it really does happen.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

"But imagine ordering a Ford and telling the customer that it needs a Chevy component to operate." ...if you had owned an early 2002 with an air pump as part of the emissions stuff, a close look would reveal the pump was made by Saginaw Gear Works, a GM division.  It and its accompanying gulp valve carried Chevrolet part numbers, and were much cheaper at the Chevy emporium than at the local BMW dealer...\

So, it really does happen.

mike

Yeah, but I don't think the BMW dealer told the original buyer that he had to go out and source those parts to complete the car! That's in essence what Moto Lita is saying.

I contacted Jaymic, waiting on their reply. I guess I can hunt and scrounge for the parts if all else fails. It's part of the fun of this hobby, I suppose.

Anthony

1972 2002 Atlantik

Thanks for the Jaymic tip. Pete and I connected, he had everything in stock. Order placed, looking forward to a new wheel!

Anthony

1972 2002 Atlantik

life's not a bed of roses....as a matter of fact sometimes it sucks...especially if you stress over the small stuff

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

life's not a bed of roses....as a matter of fact sometimes it sucks...especially if you stress over the small stuff

AMEN Esty. very good point personally I'm patching cracks on my original 1600s wheel and painting tonight. I'm gonna have a beautiful original wheel I'm happy as a Hen sitting on a pile of eggs

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

• Alpina

Thanks for the Jaymic tip. Pete and I connected, he had everything in stock. Order placed, looking forward to a new wheel!

I might have what you need! Send me a PM

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)