• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 Diana new photos

Hi I know every body is getting sick of my Diana posts but I found some awesome photos in a book that no one has ever seen before!

One of the photos is of Michael Cashel's Diana as it first rolled out of the Bauer factory

Please look and reply

Here they arepost-48709-0-68275100-1433583272_thumb.jpost-48709-0-11280200-1433583309_thumb.jpost-48709-0-80358300-1433583352_thumb.jpost-48709-0-03164600-1433583387_thumb.jpost-48709-0-98064300-1433583417_thumb.jpost-48709-0-15592000-1433583444_thumb.j

I have looked, I will reply although I dont know if this is what you are hoping for.

Two of your "never seen before photos" (despite being published in a book anyone can buy, probably available for many years before you "discovered them") are upside down. One shows a 6 cylinder engine of some kind which looks fuel injected and is not from a Diana at all as far as my limited knowledge goes (ti M10 engines).The other is some kind of irrelevant interior shot of something no-one can make out. The remaining pictures are of otherwise normal 02's but with extra headlights which as everyone knows is a feature of the Diana model.

On behalf of everyone here i thank you for posting some totally pointless and irrelevant pictures of nothing significant to anyone.

Thank you, camperman, for serving as liaison to Tharazero1. But I somehow recall that one of the Diana's received a 6-cylinder engine!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

According to the Mobile Traditions 2002 book at least one of the Dianas had a six cylinder M30 engine tuned to 150hp, so it had to have had multiple carbs...  And since the last one was built in 1971, it's unlikely that it had KF injection...don't think that was around for the sixes yet.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

"WHILE 02 TUNING: BMW DIANA CAPPUCCINO BY HUBERT HAHNE

Currently there are 4 famous BMW Diana Hubert Hahne world.

In 1986 I acquired randomly by a display of the liquidator of the company the sole Diana BMW 6-cylinder, which was registered to Hubert Hahne. In loving hand I have the Diana and recycled to its original condition.

Hubert Hahne designed and built in collaboration with the Diana Baur, the engine has been built in cooperation with the firm Grähser."

BMW 2002ti Diana data

original condition
Year built: 1971
2478ccm
150HP

Former. Private vehicle from Hubert Hahne.
Converted at the company Grähser.

Owner: Reiner Ahrend

Color: Special Paint

Description:
Luxury version of Hubert Hahne x 12 in 'Baur' built.

Special Interior:
Leather, Recaro, velor, Becker radio, sport steering wheel

Journal of the original vehicle description car gallery Kesting

http://www.ahrend-02-tuning.de/index.php/galerie/119-bmw-2002-cappucino-diana

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/04/bmw-diana-cappucino-by-hubert-hahne_22.html

There was indeed one Diana with a six cylinder engine, and it was the Diana that Hubert Hahne gave to his Love, Diana Korner.  

"These “Diana’s” were also equipped with steel sliding roofs, racing bucket front seats, electric front windows, 5-speed gearboxes, racing door mirrors, top tint front windscreen, twin headlamp upgrade, dashboard and panels on the doors covered out of deer."

http://www.bmw2002.co.uk/history-of-the-02/the-bmw-dianas/

If you look carefully at the second pic posted by Tharazero1, you can see a small snippet of this pic:  Hubert Hahne with the actress Diana Korner, for whom the "Dianas" were named.

02_factory-05-570x491.jpg

Tom

Connecticut

Home for Feral BMWs

1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting), 1982 323i Baur

1991 325ix (winter), 1977 320i (carbed), 1989 325ix

1989 325iC (summer), 1979 323i (project), 1978 320i (parts)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

wrong side of bed camperman? Or just a bit dizzy from having to turn your screen 180 degrees?! All pics of the Dianas, albeit seen before one way or another. The lower pics are clearly Dianas from their colour, the steel sun roofs, the wheels, the lack of side rubbing strip, the bumpers, the wing mirrors, tinted glass, seats, and the number plates are a bit of a give-away too :-)

Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

"On behalf of everyone here i thank you for posting some totally pointless and irrelevant pictures of nothing significant to anyone."

OK, I get that the man is a bit goofy about these Diana 2002s...but we're all a bit goofy here in our own ways. Otherwise, we wouldn't spend such an inordinate amount of time on this site, obsessing about all things related to these motorized boxes which we adore so.

I guess my only question would be: How on earth did I miss out on the FAQ election which apparently resulted in you being voted into office to be rude and mean to this poor Dianaphile "on behalf of everyone here?"

COOP

Edited by COOP