• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jace

I've watched this show for years.  I kind of like the earlier ones in that they show more of Edd actually fixing things.  I learned a lot from that, and from watching 20 years worth of This Old House.  WD more recently is a "bigger" production with additional elements beyond shop scenes and Mike scouring junkyards for cheap parts (like in the earlier episodes).  

And yes, Paul is the best.  Always summoned when Edd has to take the front bumper off a '50s Chevy or something.  "Paul will hold this bumper while I unbolt it..."  Now that I say that, I realize that when I help my friends with their car, I am their Paul.  Sigh.

$35K for a '74 tii.  Well I saw a mid '80 Corolla GTS for sale on BAT for $16K this AM.  I don't know what to think anymore.  :)

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Has anyone heard from this car since? I (like earlier posters) would like to know what other work they did to this car. I would hope it was a lot to make that 35k price tag make sense. Even with all new everything underneath the car 35k still seems steep for a resprayed tii.

I like watching these shows, but they're dangerous. They make a restoration/repairs look too e a s y.  I watched the ford F1 episode after and almost immediately started searching craigislist. I've been lusting after an old truck for a while now....just about had to slam my fingers in a drawer, no more projects!

I got to the 14 minute mark and the video ended with a statement about Copyright Infringement.  I was really looking forward to the teardown of the engine.

Oh well.

They didn't go in past the KF pump. At least not in the video....

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

It looked like they either swapped out the nose panel or filled the big bumper square holes because after paint it only had the early bumper slots in the front panel, no shots of the rear apres bumpers either.

Edited by LimeySteve

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

The thing about Wheeler Dealers is, that for British sourced cars at least, they are only buy cars that have an MOT, or originally did. Thats to say they have undergone a very stiff inspection and are legal to drive on British roads, so as far as any suspension work, rust, brakes, steering and all safety items, emissions etc, then all the work has already been done. Anything they do is cosmetic. As for not taking labour costs into account, well thats because the idea of this program was to show what a diy/hobbyist motor trader could do. Its a bit like thinking that Top Gear was a motoring program, its diversified as financial interests got involved.

I watch it if I cant find anything else. I still like to so see Edd wacking a ball joint with a BFH. No poncy tools there!

The thing about Wheeler Dealers is, that for British sourced cars at least, they are only buy cars that have an MOT, or originally did. Thats to say they have undergone a very stiff inspection and are legal to drive on British roads, so as far as any suspension work, rust, brakes, steering and all safety items, emissions etc, then all the work has already been done. Anything they do is cosmetic. As for not taking labour costs into account, well thats because the idea of this program was to show what a diy/hobbyist motor trader could do. Its a bit like thinking that Top Gear was a motoring program, its diversified as financial interests got involved.

I watch it if I cant find anything else. I still like to so see Edd wacking a ball joint with a BFH. No poncy tools there!

02tii 2751928 (2582)