• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most "period correct" 15" wheels for my 75

jim57759

If your looking for something more aggressive, Rota makes a Watanabe remake. The RKR comes in 15x8 0 or +10. I have the +10 on my car, but you would need a little more then a fender rolling. These will just have to work until I get a set of real Watanabe's.

IMG_0610.jpg

1974 Cinnabar M2: S14/320CR/391LSD/Turbo Exhaust/Turbo Radiator/323 Trailing Arms/Ground Control Coilovers

If your looking for something more aggressive, Rota makes a Watanabe remake. The RKR comes in 15x8 0 or +10. I have the +10 on my car, but you would need a little more then a fender rolling. These will just have to work until I get a set of real Watanabe's.

IMG_0610.jpg

That looks awesome, I've been looking everywhere for the +10 offsets on the RKR but it seems they only stock them in the UK where did you find the +10 offset from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the referral to r3v.  What's your user name on that site?  I need it so I can register.  You are right.  I found some wheels I am very interested in.  Jim

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

For that price, I would go with the E30 15x7 ET24 style 5 "Euroweaves."   They are the perfect size and offset for your 02. Look in the classified section of R3Vlimited.com   You frequently see some used Euroweaves FS there by the E30 crowd.

G-Man

be careful.  there are two kinds of 15x7 euroweaves.  the real "euro" weaves have an et24.   there is another version that came on the iX model e30's that looks the same but has an et35.

2xM3

Underneath the center cap, the size and ET will be stamped into the wheel. For an example, here's a pic of my old school (made in West Germany) Centra type 11 wheels that are 15X7 ET25.  Still undecided what I will do with these wheels, thinking of painting the spokes and center part black (leaving the lip silver) and putting them on my E30.

G-Man

post-32299-0-72815700-1428181245_thumb.j

post-32299-0-07054300-1428181277_thumb.j

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

if you want an idea of how much space your left with in your wheel well heres what i have..... different to your set up but for a bit of an idea.

15x7 et 20 bbs rx copies(konig) with 195/50 r15 and  lowered 1.5" h&r springs, stock fenders with rolled lips = 5-6mm clearance at strut/shock and fender, 

also if you want to learn from my experiences on my car if you do what your doing then upgrade to urethane bushes then you might end up with some tire rubbing as i did because i had very little spare room ,the bushes re aligned my rear end and i soon worked out my back left corner had been hit in a previous life, im going to drop an inch in width on a set of minilight style wheels just for clearance and saving my tyres, 

period correct 15" wheels.... street of race track? i have posters of alpina and schnitzer race cars running bbs 15inch wheels

just my 2 cents, good luck,

julian

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

The euroweaves also have about half-inch more lip than the ix 15" weaves. If you find a side-by-side comparison of both wheels, you will see the difference in lip sizing and flushness. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Thanks Marshall.  Is there any way to tell which is which without measuring?

welllll....if u kinda know wheels.....

then the iX offset wheel will have less of a "lip" where the criss cross spoke face meets the rim...

welllll....if u kinda know wheels.....

then the iX offset wheel will have less of a "lip" where the criss cross spoke face meets the rim...

Wow!  You guys on this site blow me away.  I am definitely down to BBS basket weave or Alpina look.  Have to keep looking for the real thing or quality reproductions.  Is it Kopi(?) that is making Alpina look alikes?  Probably my favorites because I would like to do some Alpina stuff later.  

abrahamsmotorsport.com sell Kopi wheels - they might have an E30 size that works.

There was a Rota R20 wheel produced in the correct 2002 offset that are turbine style like Alpina. Check on eBay.

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

it is stamped on the inside of the wheel.  

and remember...the weave/bbs look is not without a cost.  they are a nightmare to keep clean.  i sold my eurowaves rather than try to clean them anymore...

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

I'm kinda thinking the "period-correct 15" wheel" is something of an oxymoron. Certainly, "back-in-the-day" no one ran wheels that big. It wasn't until the early 1980s when the Plus-One and Plus-Two "concept" came into the automotive vernacular that I switched to 14" BBS wheels and Goodyear "Gatorbacks".

I really hate cleaning wheels, so for me, the E30 basketweaves were too much of a chore on my '74tii. And when I sold it in favor of a 318is, I dumped them in favor of some factory-issue 15" Style 10s. These are the same width and offset as the 15" Euroweaves and remain "Classic BMW" without succumbing to styling "trends." Their greatest advantage is how they are far easier to clean and keep clean.

Edited by Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided on new Rota type R in 15x7 with +25 offset.  I also ordered some Yokohamas from Tire Rack for old time's sake.  I ran Yokohamas back in the 70's.  Can't wait to get them mounted and an alignment done.  I will post some before/after shots and give my driving impressions.  Thanks again for all the suggestions and comments.