• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help! Weber DCOEs Running Rich on Mains. Can't Lean Them Out

Beach_Bum

With soooo many different combinations you have tried and the carbs are still showing evidence of richness, I believe you are correct in thinking you are masking an underlying problem...it's gotta be the Pierburg.

You have fuel pressure of 4psi at idle?  That's too much.  I should have sent my regulator to you last week....  Run down to your local parts store and get a Mr Gasket hockey puck regulator and I'll buy the beers if that doesn't solve your problem.

Ed Z

Another option is the Holley 12-084, it goes from 1-4 psi perfect for side drafts.

Is it safe to run one of those hockey puck regulators hanging between two hoses? I did some reading up on them last night and found a lot of bad reviews where they leaked raw fuel into people's engine bays. Scary! That has me re-thinking that idea.

I may get the Holley, but I'll have to mount it at the front of the engine bay, next to the radiator since it will be fed from the mechanical pump. I guess that's ok, right? Just more/longer hose runs in the engine bay. I don't see anywhere else to mount it.

I'll run to Pep Boys during lunch today. Thanks guys!

I just reviewed a picture of your engine bay. Mounting on the firewall would entail a LOT of extra fuel line going back and forth.  The output from the Pierburg appears to go straight over the water neck.  That would support your regulator (cradled over the two water hoses), with tie wraps or a longish hose clamp and I'd put a small foam pad underneath...then route hose to front carb. 

That's what I'd try to first and perhaps clean up the install after you confirm it solves your problem... but I think it would be pretty clean like that.  Use black tie wraps and clip the ends and you'll barely notice it.

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Just ordered the Holley, should be here tomorrow afternoon.

Ed, you are correct that the output goes straight over the water neck. I will mount per your suggestion. Thanks! The water neck won't get too hot for the regulator or a foam pad?

Well... that's a new one on me.  I've not seen that style of Pierburg on an M10 before.  Interesting setup for sure.  Could you maybe take a close up of that pump and how the hoses attach?

Oh...I'm going to need you to send me that airbox. :)

Ed

Well... that's a new one on me.  I've not seen that style of Pierburg on an M10 before.  Interesting setup for sure.  Could you maybe take a close up of that pump and how the hoses attach?

Oh...I'm going to need you to send me that airbox. :)

Ed

It's not pieburg, it's Italian low pressure membrane mechanical fuel pump (BCD Torino). When i bought the car it was already on. As i know this one was quite common back in the days because of angled membrane, that clears the space between head and carburetors...

Airbox is one thing that i finally got and on picture i just tesfitted it, now it's waiting to get restored.

Ok so I'm not the only one confused by the pic. I think I see the in line, but where is the out line?

I just made this paint picture for you to see it more easily:

fuel-line.jpg

I have fuel return line with restrictor in T-joint(yellow) (and a little later on one way valve) but everything else should be readable on the picture.

Now in a few weeks i will fit electrical Facet pump, like Alpina used it back in the days (Benedix pump).

An interesting way to run ITB's

Yeah, I was sick of all other throttle linkages, so I designed my own :D

Edited by downhillwolf

Best regards

Blaz

I just made this paint picture for you to see it more easily:

I have fuel return line with restrictor in T-joint(yellow) (and a little later on one way valve) but everything else should be readable on the picture.

I understand it now, thanks. Problem with mine is that my out line comes from the top left of the pump, but I guess I could run a hose under the carbs and back to the firewall. I don't know, I'll figure something out.

image.jpg

post-45423-0-05393600-1427035397_thumb.j

Well, there you go...Italian fuel pump on Italian Webers. and thanks for the picto-gram. I couldn't see the line from pump-to-regulator, but now it makes more sense.  Interesting set up, for sure.

And since the airbox is off, you may as well send it to me for resto... the boots will fit better on my Solexes DDHs with Alpina-style horns :)

post-42878-0-97812200-1427822843_thumb.j

post-42878-0-97812200-1427822843_thumb.j

Well, there you go...Italian fuel pump on Italian Webers. and thanks for the picto-gram. I couldn't see the line from pump-to-regulator, but now it makes more sense.  Interesting set up, for sure.

And since the airbox is off, you may as well send it to me for resto... the boots will fit better on my Solexes DDHs with Alpina-style horns :)

attachicon.gifsolexes mounted II.jpg

That could be an option, but i worked too hard to find it in nearly new condition(apart from surface rust). Rubber grommlets are not ti ;) They are bigger to cope 80mm velocity stacks ;)

Also you must change your brake booster to tii's to get it in there :)

Beach sorry for offtopic.

I understand it now, thanks. Problem with mine is that my out line comes from the top left of the pump, but I guess I could run a hose under the carbs and back to the firewall. I don't know, I'll figure something out.

image.jpg

Why don't you run a pipe from fuel pump under the fuel pump to the firewall like this?

post-45423-0-05393600-14.jpg

Edited by downhillwolf

Best regards

Blaz