• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

123 Ignition Distributor....any Info Or Personal Experience?

jrhone

oh my.... this thread is like an answer to all my prayers! ive just rebuilt a second dizzy and it was running fine then just died on me, now the car wont start at all either either dizzzy attached :(

a new dizzy is £280 or i can get a 123 for about £300... this thread has helped me to make my choice!!!

thanks!

I drove the 1600 to work today. Before the 123, its used to struggle up to redline. the 1600 motor feels great up there, but it was just a chore to get up there. Now? 

VROOM! It happily spins right up there...I set the rev limiter for 6400, as now it is pretty easy to get up there, and shoot past.

Now I need to geek out over the manifold vacuum pressures I logged while driving to work, so i can refine my vacuum advance curve!

I drove the 1600 to work today. Before the 123, its used to struggle up to redline. the 1600 motor feels great up there, but it was just a chore to get up there. Now? 

VROOM! It happily spins right up there...I set the rev limiter for 6400, as now it is pretty easy to get up there, and shoot past.

Now I need to geek out over the manifold vacuum pressures I logged while driving to work, so i can refine my vacuum advance curve!

i need this in my life! AHHHHHHHHHH

I'm curious if those European dealers are allowed to sell in the US...if so, it would be a slam-dunk deal at those prices.

MidAmerica would be a good place to have a tech session for the 123. We could install it into someone's car to show how easy it is...and how great they are.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

I'm curious if those European dealers are allowed to sell in the US...if so, it would be a slam-dunk deal at those prices.

MidAmerica would be a good place to have a tech session for the 123. We could install it into someone's car to show how easy it is...and how great they are.

Ed

They're probably allowed to sell, hower US people risk to have to pay import duties I think... Inside EU no duties of course!

BMW 1602 (1975) - 3978554 - Fjord Blue metallic with double Solex PHH40

BMW 3.0 CSi (1974) - 4340715 - Nightblue metallic

Late reply, but big thanks to Kaptanoglu for beating me to the punch and got 123Ignition USA to donate a $100 gift certificate to the MidAm event!  Cha Ching.

In other news, I've been running Tombonetoo's curve on my car with good results.  The street manners are so much more well-behaved (idle and light cruise).  The butt-dyno tells me it doesn't appear to be as strong as my other curve above 4000rpm (mine has more total advance in that portion)  I'll combine the best of both worlds and should be just about spot-on.  Road-testing with knowledgeable passenger running the laptop will finalize it.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool