• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring An Original 1972 Inka Orange 2002Tii

gschatz

As i have been saying for years it is now or never. I have a 2002tii that ran last time I drove it. I have many parts such as lights, dashboard, carpeting , wheels, the correct 5 speed transmission and chrome. I would like to see it restored and driven by me before I hit old age. I assume a total strip down and new metal , rubber and who knows what but it is in my opinion worth restoring. What numbers and time am I looking at. Someone offered me 4k. I smiled and said next. I would love the thoughts of the group. i was planning to send it to Matt in CT

Recommendation by a few

Gary

Gary,

My 73 tii is taking the slow road to recovery.  Definitely post a ton of photos so people can be more helpful.  I believe SCR does great work so see what they say.  There are other highly regarded shops - the choice is yours and I always thought a shop close by would be helpful. What could it cost?  The sky is the limit...   TR

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

Gary,

Most cars ran the last time they were driven. Was that last week, or 42 years ago? How much of the restoration work would you be doing? If you are simply sending it out and writing checks, are you envisioning an "every-nut-and-bolt" restoration by a top notch shop, such as SCR -- think $50K to $100K depending on its current condition -- or do you want to "fix what needs fixin' and paint what needs paintin'" -- probably $20K to $40K if it's complete, not too rusty, and not too mouse-eaten. Both approaches could yield a great car, depending on where the car stands now.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)