• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help In Deciding Which 15X7 Wheel.

Im finally at the point of buying wheels for my 73 pastel blue. Just having a hard time in deciding which wheel. I like them. But kinda gearing towards the gold. But i will need a 10 mm spacer for the front since its et 35 and 15x7. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

post-45807-0-23234100-1406156858.jpg

post-45807-0-54628000-1406156872.jpg

post-45807-0-70626000-1406156883.jpg

I'm about 98.5% sure you can find BBS RS replica wheels in 15x7, 4x100, center bore of 57.1 AND et25. 

I'd look for a set for you, but I'll let you do the heavy lifting. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Try Dave at aardvarc racing . He did a beautiful set for me in Et25

post-39527-0-78314100-1406166785_thumb.j

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

pending on how much you are willing to spend I found a great set off BBS RM's with very good rubber on the VWVortex site. They have a ton of 15" 4x100 for sale. I can assure you there is something you will like. 

If not....my vote goes for the gold, I think it looks slick with a blue car.

"Lily" 1973 BMW 2002

"Frau" 2006 BMW X5 4.8is 

There's a group that custom ordered wheels a couple of months ago, you might be able to join in. The thread is:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/152308-new-wheel-from-rota-needs-motivation-for-et25571/

As an aside, I'm not sure what the attraction to the 7" wheels is based on. Many have reported that 195 is the widest tire that will naturally fit the car, and you can put 195s on 6" or 6.5" wheels. So why the need for 7"? Is it a better configuration somehow? Just curious...

Jim

There's a group that custom ordered wheels a couple of months ago, you might be able to join in. The thread is:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/152308-new-wheel-from-rota-needs-motivation-for-et25571/

As an aside, I'm not sure what the attraction to the 7" wheels is based on. Many have reported that 195 is the widest tire that will naturally fit the car, and you can put 195s on 6" or 6.5" wheels. So why the need for 7"? Is it a better configuration somehow? Just curious...

Jim

I went to an 8" rear and 7" front, the primary reasons are the look of course, its all about what type of car you are trying to build. Obviously the wider tire will help in high performance situations but I would say 'the look" is really the biggest reason. I had to fully roll and pull the rear fenders to have my BBS RM's fit....but it's exactly what I wanted.

Also I like a little meat in the backside ;)

Also I am running 195 45's all around

Edited by Fretish

"Lily" 1973 BMW 2002

"Frau" 2006 BMW X5 4.8is 

Jim

A 195 on a 6" rim will have a softer ride but on turn-in the sidewall will also flex more thus reducing response and steering feedback.

The same tyre on a 7" wheel will have a more harsh ride but much sharper responses and feedback.

Both will have the same straight line braking and acceleration performance.

So for comfort, go 6", if you like your car to handle better, go 7".

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I have those Avid AV-05 RS Gold 15x7 et35 replicas and I love em. They're holding me over while I find all of the pieces to build a real set of RS's. and, they were $400 shipped to my door. Hard to beat for the money. 

They look nice! Did you have to run a spacer with them being ET35?

You have a nice drop too. What suspension are you running?

They look nice! Did you have to run a spacer with them being ET35?

You have a nice drop too. What suspension are you running?

Thanks. With regards to spacers I'm running a 10mm in the rear (only to clear the wilwood caliper. If I was running drums in the rear, I don't think I would have needed a spacer) and in the front i have an 8mm. Front suspension is the full Ireland shortened adjustable coilover set-up and lowered almost as much as i can go (its actually slightly lower now than in these pics). The rear is Ireland stage 2 springs with billy sports, and the one spring pad removed. All in all, I think it is dropped about 4" from stock but that is just estimating. Cheers.

'71 2002 Riveria

Guys thank you all for helping me decide. I'm really sold on the gold mesh now. Whether it will be bbs og or replicas, don't know yet. Nicktahoe your car is looking real good. What size tires are you running? My choice is toyo's 195/45/15. And yes i know about the sidewall deflection. I'm Currently running on 3 series turbines et18 and with 205/60/13 but it felt tighter and more stable on 195/60/13. Thanks again. Will post once wheels have been purchased.

Guys thank you all for helping me decide. I'm really sold on the gold mesh now. Whether it will be bbs og or replicas, don't know yet. Nicktahoe your car is looking real good. What size tires are you running? My choice is toyo's 195/45/15. And yes i know about the sidewall deflection. I'm Currently running on 3 series turbines et18 and with 205/60/13 but it felt tighter and more stable on 195/60/13. Thanks again. Will post once wheels have been purchased.

Thanks. I'm running 185/55R15 Toyo Proxes T1R. 185 is typically a little narrow for a 7" wheel but it fits nicely with my drop. 195 would have been right on the edge without additional body mods. The width difference between the 195/50-15 and 185/55-15 was only like .3" And they were only 260 for a whole set from tirerack.

'71 2002 Riveria