• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

While I’M In Los Angeles

PaulTWinterton

A request  to SoCal members.

My wife and I are doing the tourist thing in LA next week. Flying in, not driving unfortunately. 

I was hoping to slip away while she’s shopping on Melrose.  A guy can only take so much.

Is there anywhere I could go to see and talk 02s?  I’ve never seen a Turbo, and I’m hoping some dealer, builder, or shop might have some cool old-school cars to see.  I may be doin’ some shopping of my own.  I’m always good to drop a few dollars for the (02) cause.

Any input would be appreciated.

PM me if it's more appropriate.

Thanks for reading and replying,

Cheers,

Paul

73 Inka Tii #2762958

If you're free on a Saturday morning, definitely check out Cars and Coffee in Irvine. Usually a huge show. Starts around 6:30 am and people and the lot starts emptying around 8:30. You could be back to W LA by 10!

If you're free on Sunday, try Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills. That one usually goes till about 11 or so. 

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

If you're free on a Saturday morning, definitely check out Cars and Coffee in Irvine. Usually a huge show. Starts around 6:30 am and people and the lot starts emptying around 8:30. You could be back to W LA by 10!

If you're free on Sunday, try Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills. That one usually goes till about 11 or so. 

ONE of these days I'm going to get to a C&C or one of the shows on the West Coast.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Wow! 6:30am.  Is that so guys can drive real fast on the freeway at dawn without heaps of traffic (or law-enforcement) ;-)

Thanks so much for all the options.  It also turns out that my wife's inlaws, who we're visiting, have a car museum.  Approximately 100 cars.

That's all I know.  I'll report back to off-topic if it turns out to be American Iron.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

the "best" advice:  get outta LA !!

Head north on the 101 to Atascadero, check into The Carlton Hotel .....

http://www.the-carlton.com/

I'll be checking-in there next Thursday the 6th.  The plan for every day:  wine tasting !!

http://www.pasowine.com/ava-map/  

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

This is always a good show. You will be amazed.

If it does not hint at rain.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.