• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays Agenda??

2002Targa

Me:

Rear..

reinstall strut brace

reinstall shocks

brake adjust

finish routing E30 cable

Front..

install radiator/hoses/refill

throttle linkage

front part of E30 cable

wire in electric fuel pump

install new linkage/tie rods

string alignment

Should be doable if I don't spend too much time bullshitting with Mr. Sam Adams.....

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

High of 72 degrees in Seaside Ca. today, gonna take a cruise along the Monterey Peninsula (Monterey, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, then over to Carmel)

If you're in the mood for a "Really Great Burger", stop at "RGB's"  in

the Crossroads plaza in Carmel Valley right off of 1.  AMAZING!!

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

Tii:

Check alignment.

A lot of inside edge tire wear on front left since Sebring trip.

Determine headlight aiming. Both are off to left

Check timing and dwell.

e24

check dimmer switch, above 50 degree flashes on off by itself over bumps

e36

find out why the starter doesn't engage after recent clutch replacement

install rest of exhaust after making some noise

install power window bushing

C320

check for any leaks after fuel filter replacement and reinstall underbody panel.

190DT

check vacumn lines again for delayed shifting 

300TE

Install front struts, brake pads.

Finish by 9pm.

74 tii, vin 2780001, Sahara, 5 spd. Built 10/17/73, delivered to BMW internal car pool, 11/14/73. Imported to US ??/??/??.

e24

check dimmer switch, above 50 degree flashes on off by itself over bumps

If the switch is similar to that of the E28, some have been able to reposition a contact in the switch to get some extra time from it. I opted for a replacement stalk.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Washed the nasty road salt and grime from the DD after returning from Beckley, WV for a funeral service.

0D851814-A287-4012-A465-A70703C2CDD5_zps

Was channel surfing the TV Saturday night and caught a glimpse of an Agave Roundie in the parking lot of "Counting Cars"....The episode had the Pawn Stars guys and a cabriolet VW.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

E36:

After checking every relay and fuse, bypassed the clutch switch, then I used central locking 3 times. It suddenly started with no cranking. Note open exhaust is loud, but magnified at 1230a Monday morning.

Earlier results:

Tii

FAQ alignment done. Changed worn fronts with a newer pair of 195s on basket weaves.

new issues: front bushings at tow hooks were installed backwards by POs mechanic.  Probably the same one who used galvanized nails versus correct cotter pins. Time to order IEs has a front end set with installation friendly 2 piece bushings at $79. 2) Tired of the GPS in place of nonfunctioning KM speedometer, so in went a new speedo cable along with a working speedometer.  Added the ground wires to gas and temp contacts to stop the jumping gauges. 3) tighten the mid exhaust and added new rear muffler hangers at muffler.  

Timing:  Set it again and need a petronics unit versus the current point point set up in a mechanical distributor.

E24 - I will follow John in VA tip for a new dimmer/turn signal. My switch is loose.

C320 -The left pan was reinstalled in minutes.  Has anyone considered making those protective and aerodynamic underbelly pans for 2002s?  I would buy a set if available.

190DT - one vac line a bundle was replaced,  The turbo is working but fuel isn't being advanced enough for low end power,  Maybe the Alda valve on the injector pump needs adjustment.  Any Mercedes turbo diesel experts thoughts are welcome.

300TE - Car is on jack stands and is on Mondays agenda.

The e36 drained my time and patience today. 

74 tii, vin 2780001, Sahara, 5 spd. Built 10/17/73, delivered to BMW internal car pool, 11/14/73. Imported to US ??/??/??.