• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DaveBMX

While i'm waiting for the car to come back from the shop i thought i'd run spoiler options by you guys.

Easiest option is to just 3m tape on a turbo spoiler and be done with it however i've been fancing something a little more extreme lap attack style to match the carbon fibre in the interior.

thinking of making up a spoiler like below but in sheet CF

Is this a dangerous road to go down?? Should i just stick to subtle??

Its been keeping me up at night haha

heres a photo of the car a while ago for reference. Please note i will have 10mm spacer on rear now to match the front

regards

Dave

post-41755-0-31774600-1389188568_thumb.j

post-41755-0-92431200-1389188591_thumb.j

I've never seen the underside of a turbo spoiler so i assumed thats how they were held on or should i say how people who retro fit copy ones do?

You think i need to make a mock up first Koblenz?

regards

Dave

Got it!  I obviously needed more coffee.  I did a mock-up when I did the front duckbill.  Rigid cardboard worked fine.  Then we used, I think 14 gauge metal.  I am glad I did the mock-up first.  Saved a lot of time and wasted material. There is a thread somewhere on the forum of what others have done. If you can find it .

I didn't take enough pictures of mine to do a DIY.

• 8 years later...
6 hours ago, Poopys69_1600 said:

new to the group.  i just want to find a tasteful front and rear spoiler for my 69 1600.  any guidance would be appreciated.

tasteful is a moving target. Personally I like the front air dams offered by kooglewerks and the factory turbo spoiler. If your taste is a bit spicier might I recommend 

9LIVESRACING.COM

Here's something new: Suction cups: We've added them to a fleet of cars and so far everyone has loved...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are some front 'scoops' run back when the 1600 didn't have a bigger brother

that look kinda neat.

Not very effective, but very vintage, and if made properly, might help a bit

and also not require drilling/cutting etc.

That said, unless you're trying to fight aero understeer over about 110, nothing

really helps the 2002.  It's a brick.  Over 130, the CSL goofy stuff starts to make sense.

Personally, if rules allowed, I'd try something to break the airflow off the roof,

because the back end gets frisky at 125, and that's about when I run out of 

grunt to keep it stuck with horsepowers.

Because brick.

t

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL