• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Serious Engine Is Taking Shape

LimeySteve

As recommended by Jeremy at IE I handed over my block to Russel at Steve's Imports in Azusa, I could not be any happier with the results.Knife edge ground lightened crankshaft, lightened flywheel, shot peened re sized rods ,IE pistons all fully balanced.10.5 :1 compression as I drive it every day , I should see the benefit of my 292 cam & twin 45 Dellortos now :) I pick up the assembly tomorrow .   

1175541_167165653470058_557953673_n.jpg

Edited by LimeySteve

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I'm building it for 91 octane, not too high compression, I ran 87 with the flat top pistons in the original engine to the car without any problem.Time will tell.

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

That is very nice. Very. I like the knife-edge crank. There's something intoxicating about a fresh motor.

And as to the gas question above, I have a very similar motor in my car, and it runs fine on the 92 we get up here. It runs slightly better with an octane booster (off-road, of course, just in case the NSA is looking). 

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Thanks, at Willow Springs they have 94 Octane racing fuel  , with the higher altitude etc that will be interesting , I'm just cleaning the intake & carbs , ready to go get the engine at 1pm .Photos of the assembly to follow .

1098405_167380936781863_249076185_n.jpg

Sexy Top end too :)  I could not resist decorating the cam cover on top of the black / aluminum engine .I'm really happy with the result , she goes in when I get back from vacation.

1175508_167379843448639_1587229931_n.jpg

Edited by LimeySteve

Hi Nate , they are IE's hi comp pistons for a 121 head . Russ showed me the new 13:1 race pistons today, Jeez you want to talk sexy , unreal cnc machined beauties  MEGA $$$$$$'s  !!!