• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roof Rack For 75'

adrift

Im looking to put a roof rack on my 75' 02 so that I can roof my surfboard(s). I found this online but Im not totally sure it will fit. 

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/SportRack/A21001S.html

Ideally I'd like something similar to that that can easily come off the car. Definitely not looking for something that requires any permanent installation. Any suggestions? 02 surfers on this forum - what do you use? Thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THULE or Yakama systems just clamp on and off quickly

to the rain gutter

you add the type of carrier you need to the base cross bars.

in my case you see a basket mounted to the base cross bars

google THULE

19762002mitTHULEin2001.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I know this will probably be WAY more than what you need, but these are gorgeous surf board racks:

http://classicracks.com/surf.htm

I have one of his racks and the quality and craftsmanship is incredible... albeit at a price point to match!

post-36115-0-79029700-1371516561_thumb.j

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

For Thule, you need the 300 feet for rain gutters.  Search ebay, I see them all the time.  There's two versions, 1 that is taller than the other.  The taller ones are for vehicles like the Land Rover Discovery, old Land Cruisers etc.  For our 02s, the shorter version is fine.  I have both, the taller ones given to me last summer by a friend w/ a Land crusier.  Make sure you buy them with locks b/c they are not made anymore for those old style knobs and Thule doesn't make the keys for them too.  I checked this with Thule b/c my friend's dad lost the keys.  How they got the rack off is beyond me.