• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle Pedal Kit Thread

Rocan

Very sad day, the evil nubs win :( , on a separate note Rocan you need to finish school move to CA and we should open a business together.

the evil nubs shall never win!

just revert back to my original "how to" thread and make this kit yourself.  it is incredibly simple. perhaps ROCAN can add the part numbers he found for the hinge and a few other items to the list of parts i already posted.

2xM3

Sell the unit in components and dissasembled, the onus is on the assembler,Disclaimer for display only.

Whats the world coming to ??

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

people want everything to go their way, and absolutely zero liability when it doesn't. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Maybe they're onto something about disclaimers. My evil nubs have rusted off with the floor so... yeah.

edit: sorry, not disclaimers but liability waivers. Just make a few in your downtime and sell as another batch. Instead of a business, you're just "helping out."

Edited by mikebontoft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would to add to this that it wouldn't be very hard to make a prototype and then mold for casting rubber/polyurethane around the aluminum plate to emulate a stock pedal's finish.  Even with access to the mounting bolts on the face. And to go a step further, use an old XAS tire for the pattern in the pedal.  THAT would be a great call out to the past.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

It would (be expensive that is) to mould/cast parts.  This is a somewhat crappy image of the AlpinA racing gas pedal.  They actually did make this part in limited quantities it seems, cast pedal, machined base that bolts to the floor.  Utilizes a throttle cable that is anchored to the trans tunnel than out to the induction system.

post-38814-0-94396200-1384228215_thumb.j

post-38814-0-39852300-1384228236_thumb.j

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Edited by markmac

• 5 months later...