02fanatic

Remembering 02-02-02

23 posts / 1303 viewsLast Reply

How many on here were in Spartanburg, SC on 02-02-02? My '76 & I did just fine going down from PA in the dead of winter.

It's 02-20 today...the date just made me remember...well, sort of! :-)

Happy '02ing,

John

My wife and I were there in our Chamonix '74; a co-worker and his wife in their Polaris '74; and another co=worker and wife in their classic maroon Mini.

David

Nathan, Evan and I were there in Pikachu, smoking like a freight train. I never touched the wheel, the boys drove the whole trip.

Met many folks I still hold as good friends today.

John, come out and play with us again. Haven't really seen much of you recently. Do you still have your 2002s?

EGandlineup.jpg

Boys at the autocross

ax4.jpg

I was still on active duty, drove up from Ft. Rucker Al. along with my buddy Robert Noback.

Earl

aka Snakedriver

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

Was there too and met those wild and crazy guys from Alabama in their Malage 02s Remembering thinking it was really cool that Earl was the original owner of his 02, and a Lux at that Still good friends. Met Bill, Nathan and Evan and all of the NE caravan contingent in Durham and had the time of my life driving to Spartanburg in that caravan!

And later discovered that some of my now closest 02 friends were there also but unfortunately due to the numbers did not meet them then.

For a long time 02 guy at that point I was in 02 heaven!!! And continue to be!!!!

Photobucket

Yep, I drove down in a caravan in a Sahara, 72, "Bushrod.

Got some great photos I will post tomorrow.

Michael

73 tii

Wasn't there would have liked to of been, I do however have the pleasure of owning an"02-02-02" sticker that came in the glove-box of an 02 I bought, lol , it now resides in the top drawer of my tool box

I was there and it was a great weekend. I took a non-2002 owning friend of mine and he was pretty surprised with the car for the long trip from PA to SC. The panoramic picture hangs in my family room and is a great reminder of the trip.

1,700 mile round trip from Conn.

1/5 of the 10x52" panorama photo

me? next to the left flag pole - Williams

family infront of me

020202_zpse193f9fa.jpg

I was there in my ex '75 02. Drove from Massachusetts without a hitch!

My car is the white one in the pic.

post-197-13667669405617_thumb.jpg

And Lora and I in the Chamonix car directly underneath "USA", our friends Polaris car underneath "2002".

David