• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remembering 02-02-02

02fanatic

How many on here were in Spartanburg, SC on 02-02-02? My '76 & I did just fine going down from PA in the dead of winter.

It's 02-20 today...the date just made me remember...well, sort of! :-)

Happy '02ing,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Nathan, Evan and I were there in Pikachu, smoking like a freight train. I never touched the wheel, the boys drove the whole trip.

Met many folks I still hold as good friends today.

John, come out and play with us again. Haven't really seen much of you recently. Do you still have your 2002s?

EGandlineup.jpg

Boys at the autocross

ax4.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I was still on active duty, drove up from Ft. Rucker Al. along with my buddy Robert Noback.

Earl

aka Snakedriver

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Was there too and met those wild and crazy guys from Alabama in their Malage 02s Remembering thinking it was really cool that Earl was the original owner of his 02, and a Lux at that Still good friends. Met Bill, Nathan and Evan and all of the NE caravan contingent in Durham and had the time of my life driving to Spartanburg in that caravan!

And later discovered that some of my now closest 02 friends were there also but unfortunately due to the numbers did not meet them then.

For a long time 02 guy at that point I was in 02 heaven!!! And continue to be!!!!

Photobucket