• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow

Stu

All, It's my former car. Ray emailed me and told me this thread popped up. I sold it in July of 2010. Marc Norris (Bavarian Workshop, Canoga Park CA) is selling it for a customer (Marc bought it from me with some help from my old friend Paul Cain for the same customer). I have not seen the car since I sold it, but according to Marc, it has been driven about 2-3K miles since then and has not been tracked. I don't know the actual owner but do know he owns an M1 and other collectibles and gives Marc full reign to care for his cars. I assume it has been well treated. The only changes I know of are that the new owner did not like my CSL stripes and had the car painted above the belt line. The paint was a bit weak in spots, so that was probably a nice improvement. Let's see. The car was roughly 2500 lbs when I had it corner weighted. It has a couple of hundred pounds in the cage, so is pretty light considering that. The cage was done before I bought the car (when it was apart). It is a full cage and is probably the best design I have seen. The bars across the front roof in particular are great as I never banged my noggin (with or without a helmet) nor did any of my passengers. The cross members for the cage (across the rear seat and the doors) have sockets and steel pins and are removable (with some effort). I never installed them even for the track events I went to. The pics on ebay show them installed. The custom fabrication on the core support was also done prior to my ownership and is also at a very high level. When I sold the car, it was completely sorted and had roughly 5k on the engine. The engine was built by Thomas Boylan (the tech moderator on S14power.com) who is the best engine guy I know. The engine is a beyond evo3 2.5 build up from a new Evo3 block and was 19K$, so you can do the math. Every piece in the engine was brand new. Thomas also did the break-in. He also did a lot of other stuff (re-did the cooling system - custom Be Cool radiatior and dual spal fans, wiring, brakes, etc. and a ton of cosmetics including re-painting the front and rear clips). The brakes are the old Alpina type set up with no booster. Thomas re-worked the pedal box and the brakes were very effective. They are BlueDevil's custom evo seat belts. I installed the Parker Performance console and VDO's and the Blaupunkt was something I had left over from an E28. You can't really hear the sound system for the exhaust. The badge bar and Hella 500's were installed right before I sold it. The car was covered in Bimmer (in their V@V 2010 coverage) with Klaus Schnitzer's driving impressions a couple of years ago. Besides Klaus, I think Ray, Blunt and Harry PR all drove it after it was sorted out, so they can give you their impressions. I have no idea what the owner wants for it but I certainly sold it for more than 35K. I am sure Marc can answer your questions and put you in touch with Thomas who did the work for me. The car is very quick. I embarrassed a couple of late 80's 911's at Sebring with that car. The fenders have been rolled to accomodate the 16x7 Alpinas with 215-40's, but to be a more effective track weapon, it could use more tire. I never wanted to add flares, as I love the look as it sits, but that is the limitation. I hope that helps. I hope someone buys it who will drive it like it was built to be driven. As for me, I am back in the states and down to one old car (my Dad's 356SC). I lost my younger sister last year and am the guardian/mentor for my two terrific college/grad school age nieces. It takes all my spare time and I am pretty much out of the old car thing. Hope you are all well and Happy Thanksgiving. Best, Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

This car ruined me. I was soo happy with my little s14 until Tim made me drive his car the way it was intended. An s14 is not an s14. This car is a monster. Someday my s14 is coming out for a 2.5 build but I just cant justify it as it runs so well. Someday though

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Just t clarify, it was me who suggested to Tim that you drive his car.

You're welcome!

Cheers,

This car ruined me. I was soo happy with my little s14 until Tim made me drive his car the way it was intended. An s14 is not an s14. This car is a monster. Someday my s14 is coming out for a 2.5 build but I just cant justify it as it runs so well. Someday though

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Tim's former car is still one of my favorites. I actually liked the striping.

I recall seeing Harry drive it with a huge smile near the Hampton Inn for V@V (Shelton Vineyards) and how loud the exhaust was.

On a return trip from GA 1 or 2 years ago, my wife (driving solo) spotted Tim driving up 95. She was suitably impressed enough to have me flip thru my BMW pics until I showed her Tim's M2 taken from the hotel parking lot.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

M-Racer,

could you shoot me an email? I just moved to Tampa area and have a couple questions if you don't mind.

Thanks,

TK

2002targa@gmail.com

sent my email and phone. Welcome to Tampa. Nice group of vintage BMW's here and the local chapter of BMWCCA is a vintage guy unlike in many chapters.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a bearing, 5000 miles after the "original build."

Cheers,

She's is back in the Bay Area and reunited with the original builder.

post-216-13667666996368_thumb.jpg

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Cheers,

and who takes ownership of the 5000 miles? your point is what exactly?

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers,

Owww!

That's one seriously burnt bearing!

Looks like oil starvation killed that bearing to me.

I wonder if the engine builder knows his motor got toasted?

Car was from Virginia, shipped to CA and modified at A1 Imports in the mid 00's for Bay Area enthusiast Terry Lew. Evo motor was purchased from very well-known and highly respected East Coast S14 builder/racer Ron Cheecca.

http://www.m2bmw.com/silver_bigbumper.asp

Motor was dropped in and never opened or otherwise fussed with. Ran strong and pulled like a freight train. All other work was accomplished over a two-year period and remained a work-in-progress until the owner regretfully offered it up on ebay.

And yes, it's coming back to the Bay Area/A1 Imports and will be serviced/modded right along with Daniel Cooper's M2 and a few other S14 and M20-powered '02s. I think that's a vote of confidence.

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com