• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted some armrests came home with another car

jgerock

Just another day here in Virginia. Wait a minute - this one isn't RED.

Picked up a '71 Agave non-sunroof 2002 for free. I think the pole barn it was living under didn't want to give it up. We had a hard time pushing it onto the first trailer for transport to a nearby Elementary School so we could then get it onto a larger trailer.

photo2.jpg

IMG_8092.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

After some quick scrubbing

IMG_8107.jpg

Car was hit very hard in the right side, munching the radiator, fender, nose, strut, sway bar, windshield, etc.

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

Headers, Weber 38/38, newer tune up items.

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

Are counselors available for folks like us??

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the location it was in had very narrow driveway entrance. no way this would make the turn to get in.

2012-10-20_14-57-45_694.jpg

luckily, there was an elementary school up the road a bit. dropped jim off and went there and parked. soon the totally filthy and muddy 71 arrived on the flatbed trailer for the transfer.

2012-10-20_15-27-46_533.jpg

we will have to paint it red somehow....either that or it will become part of the holiday decorations in my yard. the rusty red tii will be parked next to it in the alexandria 02 morgue.

2012-10-20_16-54-28_934.jpg

2012-10-14_15-15-22_336.jpg

we laughed when we found the agave touch up paint in the glove box..not going to be enough!

4 into 1 header.

2012-10-20_16-55-04_992.jpg

so now we have armrests, tii front struts, and two junk cars in my yard...hmmmm...;-)

2xM3

Guest Anonymous

Johnny my grandson called me and said the scavengers (Jim and Marshall)were back!! His dad was looking for MGB parts a few weeks ago and noticed 2 good 02's with a square light one drivable. I guess they got scoffed up at 1k each. We were contemplating getting both but too much going on.

locking gas cap.

Can't believe how well the paint cleaned up...

Good score, and the price was right.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

locking gas cap.

Can't believe how well the paint cleaned up...

Good score, and the price was right.

mike

key is sheared off in the gas cap.

pretty much any paint looks good wet in evening light! we may have to compound out the roof just to match the red tii.....

2xM3

Mike Self - The locking gas cap is permanently locked - the key is snapped off flush with the cylinder.

IMG_8108.jpg

Dave R - we had fun talking about your yard sale and trying to push the green beast in the slippery yard. Those British car guys are funny - one told me the paint will "buff right out". When we weren't able to get Marshall's rig into the driveway, another guy offered to go get his trailer and truck and haul the car to Alexandria for $ 250.00.

Car has a replacement gas tank - BMW sticker is still on the top.

Gauge cluster is from a Square light car.

Stereo wants a "CODE" to operate!

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

Parking sticker in window for Georgetown Medical center expired 1997. Several Fraternal Order of Police stickers in back window.

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

Jim Gerock

Hi Jim,

Nice score, it just followed you to a good home... carefull, or you will need a bigger yard!

Mark

Mark -

The yard is Marshall's. He is conveniently located only about 10 minutes from my place (with no yard and a very restrictive Homeowner's Association).

Someday I'd like to own a Golf 2002 but Susan doesn't care for the color.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Hi Jim,

Nice score, it just followed you to a good home... carefull, or you will need a bigger yard!

Mark

Mark -

The yard is Marshall's. He is conveniently located only about 10 minutes from my place (with no yard and a very restrictive Homeowner's Association).

Someday I'd like to own a Golf 2002 but Susan doesn't care for the color.

Jim

yeah, my yard with early red and green holiday decorations...

2012-10-21_17-23-32_876.jpg

and yes..green car wanted to be like red car and it's nose "fell" off today after a meeting with sawzal. i am sure jim will post some entertaining pics of the process!

hope the neighbors don't mind....

2xM3

Nice one! Seems like there's plenty of 2002s up in Alexandria... Too bad I can't come buy it and rescue it from parting after you get the armrests :P I've always loved agave roundies. Seems like it would be a lot of work to get into drivable shape again however! Glad you're able to make use of it :)

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles