• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cnc machined roller rockerarm for M10/M30 by dynotech.se

02robert

Don't get all twitterpated about overall lift- the real gain is in rate of opening and closing

between .050 and .350, in the real world.

THAT will be worth the wait, methinks...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Status about my roller rockers:

I have been working my ass at my shop building and fixing others cars. I have engine builders from England, Germany, Russia and united states that hhave contacted me and are very intrested in this. So now at low season I will end the last testing to made the product final! I have tested them and FEM analysed them to perfection. But since I'm never satisfied and would not compromisng anythng when finaly making a couple of hundreds of these rockers and cams. I decided to make it even more over laboured. I want to lose weight of it, a steel bearing ring will be heavy in my eyes, so therefor I decided to make the inside parts under the bearing in titanium also the roller axle will be titanium. This will putt the total bearing weight down to under 25grams with axle! And to total weight of the rocker to around 85-90gram totally with adjustmentscrew!!! I have not have any failure during testing of these, I just want to make it as good as possible before it goes to production. They will made of Swedish Material and 100% made in Sweden with Mazak/Mori Seki machines, no outsourcing to china or anything.Will this affect the price? Well yes but also the quality, I want it to be top end!

But I want to be 110% sure of all the clearance and materialinterferance, so I made a jigg to rev a camshaft with rockers valves and everything of to 8000rpm = 16000 Engine RPMS! With rpm meter and pre oil warming to 100% Simulating as they have been in a high reving engine. I can lock it at 10000rpms for a couple of hours and later dissembly the rollers and inspect them for wear and such.

Here you all have a small Sneak Preview :)

vippa_monterad_v2.jpgvippa_monterad_v2_1.jpgvippa_monterad_v2_2.jpg

//

Robert

Dynotech

Holy rollers batman! Those will be awesome!!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Robert

Any more information on the roller rockers? 

thanks

Dennis

1975 BMW 2002 - Poly, coil overs, big brakes, rear IE springs, IE front/rear sway bars, turbo flares, strut braces F&R, limited slip, IE header, Recaro, stainless Magnaflo exhaust, rear spoiler, Minilites, 5 OD, etc.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...