• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brisbane swap & show thoughts- Generosity

SteveJ

This was the first show I've been able to attend in 3 years. I didn't get a chance to be a part of the planning, but jumped in and helped wherever I could. I was not alone. Several people helped out here and there to make for a very smooth event

Starting with Friday night, MOJOJOY wins my vote for the Curt Ingraham Generosity Award. He opened up his restaurant and provided food and drink for whomever decided to drop by. Thank You!

The 2002 generosity didn't end there. I had a box of 'stuff' I did not need. Placed it in a box next to my car with a sign saying "Free Stuff". At the end of the day, much of it was gone. Another '02er at his first ever event had a box of taillight assemblies he didn't need. He decided to try and find someone with a needy car to give them to.

2002 vendors were also generous with their donations to the show. More of Dave Varco's door panels were there. Steve (& Brandon) of Blunt provided most of the seals needed to freshen your 02. They were in high demand. Warren from NRI powdercoating donated a fist full of coupons, just because he "loves these cars". I won two and promptly handed one to another 02er nearby. Mark P provided a Silicon Garage 3 row radiator which was eventually won by MOJOJOY. How is that for fitting Karma. Curt Ingraham must have smiled down on that one.

After the show wrapped up, a small group was just hanging out sitting on the grass chatting. Our impromptu volunteerseven offered to assist the Marina staff in putting things away. I walked the show site to clean up any debris. In true '02er fashion, all I was able to find was a single soda can. The only traces left after the show were good feelings.

Thank you Larry, Matt, Rosie, Tom, and all. Great job!!!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Well said.

I too would like to thank Larry, Derrick and the volunteers.

Great get together.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Another show well put together. It is always great to see all of the different pilots of these 2002's. The camaraderie is amazing. Those "Columbians" who won all of those raffle prizes. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

More 2002's are becoming tricked out and alot more engineering is being applied. I didn't think you guys had it in you. Impressive.

I was able to drag my friend Dwight Chew out to the event and he actually won some stuff at the raffle.

I ended up having four new t-shirts to wear and a skateboard deck. Plus I won a raffle prize-nothing like last year but still fun. New stuff..Yay!!

Jim Davis

'71 2002

Hi Steve and everyone--

Thanks for your thanks; I had a great time seeing everything and visiting with you and others. And in spite of the pot-banging needed to get the group together without Paul, the planning was kind of fun, too (well, except for the confidence needed to wait out the shirt design until 2 May in the morning, e-mailed from a plane en-route to New Orleans; the shirt printer was ready and had them at my door by 3 May to share with all of you on 5 May!).

Right now the spirit is large and we hope to soon form some more definitive plans for next May, with a few drives/gatherings in between.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

What SteveJ said! How was the weather :) Thank you to everyone involved. What a great event! Until next year or hopefully sooner on a drive or something. Thanks again,

John

PS. Rumor has it that there was a spirited drive after the event with Jan in the lead, followed by Blunt & Brandon, followed by Alex, Daniel and a few stragglers like me in the rear. Those crazy Columbians kept that Mojo going...Was great

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• Alpina

it was a great show also a great spirited drive!

Thanks to jan, Alex, blunt, Brandon, Kupper who helped me until late at night to fix my car so it could make it to the show!

e43d6b34.jpg

dd86cecd.jpg

7f50faff.jpg

47a50611.jpg

54ff8756.jpg

9a01ad21.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

We had a great time.. The generosity of 02 guys blows me away. They took us in their homes, fed us, let us abuse their cars and showed us a really good time. The columbian cartel can really drive too. We had a blast trying to hang with them on some really great roads

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

crap shoot this time of year with the weather and for anyone not from the area that isn't familiar, it can be a real cold mo-fo in that particular area (not January in International Falls Minnesota cold), but uncomfortable (wind). The gods were smiling for sure that day. Personally, I had a great time, met some new people and viewed some cool cars.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

I want to thank Steve J for following me in my van down to Redwood City where I had to return the rental equipment and then giving me a ride back to the Marina to retrieve my '02. That was the one logistical detail I hadn't worked out prior to the show. I truly appreciate it, Steve. Thanks.

Derek Watry

1969 BMW 2002