• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno garage

ziff73

Ok, I had the best night ever tonight. I got to go to a taping of the tonight show (with a green room pass..:-) and then head to Jay's garage with a few buddies to have him show us the entire place! Spent an hour and a half hanging with him talking cars and shooting the shit. Awesome time, really cool guy.. Freakin amazing place he has...unbelievable.

Oh, and to keep it on topic a little, he does have an 02' in the collection... I didn't get to really look at it, but it was a roundie with bottle caps on it. I told him I was restoring my 69' 1600, he said "oh cool! I love those cars! I used to work at a BMW dealership when I was young."

Very cool once in a lifetime evening....very happy right now...:-)

WOW!! That does sound awesome. Of all of the rich n famous people that are known for their car passion, I think Jay Leno has to be the one that comes across the coolest, and the most down to earth guy. He strikes me as that dude that you could (given the circumstances) chat to about cars for hours on end, and it's good to hear that he is like that!!

Awesome stuff! Jealous :)

Yeah, from what it looked like it seemed way out of character, but if there's one thing I've learned about this biz out here is that the public never gets the whole story...it's hard for us to make definite judgements when we don't know what went on behind closed doors. The Jay I met and who's friends with my friend is a very good guy.

Lucky!

79' 320i (comfy modified daily driver)

73' 2002 (weekend beater crusier/rolling resto)

73' 2002tii (superfast rust bucket undergoing restoration)

72' tii (parts car)  ...99' SV650  ...00' KTM 380 2 stroke ...06' Kawasaki Ninja 500R ...96' F-250 7.3L turbo diesel (towtruck)

Wow! That's really really cool that guy's garage is my dream. I can only hope to achieve it one day just gotta find a way how!

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

I was driving down the freeway one Saturday morn and was catching up to a vehicle that was smoking like crazy - except it wasn't smoke. It was Jay in one of his steamers.

Another time I was working @ Culver Studios while a commercial was shooting on an adjacent stage. Culver is an ancient studio that had (they eventually fixed them)steep ramps you had to drive up to get inside. They were using Jays 427 Cobra for the shoot. Somehow, the teamster moving the car tore off the sidepipe of the exhaust. He was smokin mad. Didn't say anything, but he was red.

I got to meet Jay at the Historics several years back. He was talking with everybody, shaking hands and all as he strolled through the paddock.

But, damn, does he have a rather large cranium.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

That could very well be the case, he had a bunch of cars in there that he was storing for friends. Also, I didn't really even walk over to the 02'...I got stuck drooling over the 27 liter engine he was working on with fifty billion webers on top of it!! It was awesome! Yes, 27 liter....good gravy.