• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno garage

ziff73

During that whole issue with Conan, there was a local Chicago comedian interviewed on the news (Tom Dreesen?) who pointed out that NBC made the deal to replace Jay with Conan, and while Jay didn't like it, he went ahead and tried to make his show work in it's new slot. What a lot of folks seemed to miss is that Conan just didn't bring in the viewers, both before he was given the Tonight Show, and especially after it. The Tonight Show bombed with Conan. Why NBC signed Conan to take over when Jay was #1 is hard to figure out, and why Conan would think that giving him the #1 slot would make him #1 is equally hard to figure out. Not a bad guy, but seemed pretty quirky at times.

I know a few people who have visited Jay's garage or filmed events with Jay, and like the others say, he's a very down to earth car guy, liable to run late for a meeting while talking cars with guys like us.

vince

Guest Anonymous

I have met him at several car events and on the street. He knows. He's been told. He has plenty of plates in the air. Not just his own collection and career, including magazine articles, and youtube, and visits with countless car builders, but just about every car and bike afficianado touts their own favourites to him.

He's a nice guy , about 15 yrs ago I had converted a 1929 L29 Cord (front wheel drive ) car to Cadillac CV axles , with disc brakes hidden in the inboard drums, One day I get a phone call from Jay Leno to ask me what I'd done!! talk about a surprise phone call !! he wanted Randy Eama (SP ) to do the same to his car .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Guest Anonymous
He's a nice guy , about 15 yrs ago I had converted a 1929 L29 Cord (front wheel drive ) car to Cadillac CV axles , with disc brakes hidden in the inboard drums.

No offense to the Jay, but I would rather hear more about the Cord. What happened to it and any pics? :)

That was pre digital photos so I don't have any images, brilliant car , I put Corvette discs on the rear inside the drums too , it drives amazing.It's a huge car too .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell