• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front spoiler attach. bavauto kamei repro

02onster

I second the riv-nut method. Nothing will hold your spoiler as rigid. These are 1/4-20 rivnuts I used in mine. I think I used 13 in all. You can go to Lowes and buy stainless allen tapered heads that have a standoff made for them and if you really want to do it right put rubber washers under the standoff so you dont dig into the paint. You are also not going to pull the head of some little sheet metal screw through the plastic spoiler as it flexes every time you hit a bump. If you want to remove the spoiler if it ever gets damaged it will be easy and you won't be stripping out holes you made for sheet metal screws by over tightening them every time you take it off. Thats one reason I don't believe in glassing these things on. You will eventually hit something and it will just make the repair that much harder by permanently attaching it. You can buy a Riv-nut tool at Harbor Freight for about $20. Your better off getting it online along with a bag of 100 1/4-20 aluminum rivnuts. They come in handy. I will also use them to hold my Odyssey battery to the floor under the rear seat. I attached my 6AL Ignition and coil to the inner fender with them as well. Just prime them after install. Then paint.

Mike

Mike

post-20235-1366764966975_thumb.jpg

post-20235-13667649670761_thumb.jpg

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

That grill is epic. Where or how did you get it? I want one.

Doug M ny country

sorry for hijak

Thanks, its custom though. My 02 was in a heavy front collision and instead of buying new grills the bodyshop guy said he could rebuild the grills if I brought him some E21 grills, he extracted the inner circles and implanted them in the 02 grills using a soldering iron.

The yellow lights are Bosch fog lights while the standard are H4's like everyone elses', makes it look like an E28 front.

05.jpg

progreso1.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

Mauricio Liscano

1974 2002 Touring

(nt)The Tii touring has them a bosch conversion. I have seen acouple in Holland. Mine takes5"quad lights.

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

No problem on the hijak Doug! Man, I thought my front end was bad. I hit a deer doing 30-40mph May '10. The one good thing about that is it finally forced me to do the restoration I had been putting off for years! Can't wait til the bodywork and paint job are done and I can start driving it again.

Tim

Damn dear. Hunting season start soon!!!! Any pictures of the back of the grilles? I would like a better look at the back fabrication. They used to make custom grilles for old VW Rabbits that had two small hella fogs built in. I always wanted something like that for the o2.

Doug m ny country

post-20602-13667649690702_thumb.jpg

..the bodyshop guy said he could rebuild the grills if I brought him some E21 grills, he extracted the inner circles and implanted them in the 02 grills using a soldering iron.

Can you show how he installed the head light support frame for the grilles? And give any more details to the grafting technique? Thats super interesting.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

• 12 years later...