• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Storage Solutions

BakesCO

I'm not sure, but I believe Meg told us (at the Mid America fest spring 2010) that the box was a custom unit that the PO put in the car. She is holding the lid to the box in that picture. Randy Anderson of OK also in the picture.

I'll see if I can find out more - don't think she frequents the FAQ.

Meg's car has the neatest accessories I have seen - the PO was a real enthusiast.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

If you buy one of Esty's trunk carpets... you can just Velcro your trunk storage containers (coolers, boxes, tool kits, etc.) to the carpet while traveling. I just put a strip of velcro on my tool bag and catches the looms on the carpeting.

Of course, there is a rare NLA trunk storage container that fits between the shock mounts in the trunk. It is a BMW part intended for trunk storage in the 2002. I have never seen one in person (a car on ebay recently sold with one), but I would like one. I am sure someone will attach a picture for you.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Guest Anonymous

three plastic dishwash tubs side by side fits nicely. Rubber floormat under it keeps it from sliding. Jack, floorstands, large tools in heavy nylon zipper athletic bags. Small tools in tupperware snaplid boxes. If you carry fluids like oil, Lexol, radiator water, etc. the plastic tubs catch the drips.