• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any love for Mikunis?

autobon7

Don't see much about em and just wonder why. Is it the cost, availabilty, etc? Anyone have real world feedback either positive or negative?

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

I love MIKUNI's....always been a fan and used them on my jet skis for racing back in the 90's. Also used some for an 02 as well. They are just not as popular due to sources for the parts.

My '74 had them when I bought the car, so I don't know what it's like to have anything else. In any case, the car goes like stink and pulls really well across the RPM range. How much of that is due to the dual Mikunis vs the 292 cam or the bored and stroked engine I can't say.

Certainly no complaints to date.

Guest Anonymous

ph44's - set and forget is absolutely true. I have had mine on a 1602 1.6L for 17 years then put in a 2.3L 170hp MM rally engine re jetted and they have been outstanding for the last 3 years. Amazing range of application. The only 2 problems I had was the jet mount tube used to back out once in a while and had to be re-torqued (5 minutes). The other problem was the adjustable throttle linkage rod had plastic ends which after years and years split and wouldn't stay on the ball ends, nothing was available to replace them as the ball ends were a weird size. I drilled off the welded on swivel ball ends and replaced them with ball ends that have threaded bolt on mounts and steel rods I got at a local parts store.

Jets are available.

Have fun

I am a fan...have PHH 44s on my 02 and it runs great. MM HiFlo ST head, bottom end IE 9.5 pistons, Crane XR700 ignition, Stahl headers. As mentioned set and forget, mpg around town 18-20 mpg depending on how driven. Hiway mpg experienced driving up to the last Vintage 26 at 70 mph with A/C running.

Also nearly any part you might need is available from Wolf Creek Racing. Todd Walrich is the man to speak with.

Earl

aka Snakedriver

74 02 Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

post-13147-13667648796203_thumb.jpg

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

see vintage performance developments

web site

i contacted these guys

it looks like a good deal.

plan on trying hsr carbs

next engine rebuild

chris

Here come the widespread bike carb movement to the US.. Dang I really want to be a part of this. I need to get off my ass.

http://www.boggbros.co.uk/gallery2.html

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002