• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel encyclopedia!!!!! Too many pics!!!!!

MOJOJOY

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Bet ya ain't never seen these B-yutes 

Italian made FPS dated 1976 

I'm actually looking for one if have. 

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

I have and I’m sure I’ve seen a set for sale recently..... just don’t ask me where, certainly wouldn’t be in Aus!!

btw did I mention I luuuve them.

predictable I kmow?

Edited by SydneyTii

4 hours ago, conkitchen said:

Bet ya ain't never seen these B-yutes 

Italian made FPS dated 1976 

I'm actually looking for one if have. 

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

What?  Good-looking rims, but by FPS (Fratelli Pedrini Sarezzo)?  They have the Japan Light Alloy Wheel logo (“JWL”), something I’ve never seen on an Italian-made rim of the 1970’s. And what’s the other logo: something like “IMI74” or “IMIZA”? We’re going to need more photos!

I believe the JWL logo has been around since the early 1970’s. Its presence on an FPS rim would suggest that FPS was manufacturing the rim for the Japanese market. More photos might be able to resolve this.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

What?  Good-looking rims, but by FPS (Fratelli Pedrini Sarezzo)?  They have the Japan Light Alloy Wheel logo (“JWL”), something I’ve never seen on an Italian-made rim of the 1970’s. And what’s the other logo: something like “IMI74” or “IMIZA”? We’re going to need more photos!

I believe the JWL logo has been around since the early 1970’s. Its presence on an FPS rim would suggest that FPS was manufacturing the rim for the Japanese market. More photos might be able to resolve this.

Best regards,

Steve

It does say "licenza" assuming this means licensed by FPS? for the JDM? 

Light read. 

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2010/04/FPS--Fratelli-Pedrini-Sarezzo/2999971.html

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

11 hours ago, conkitchen said:

It does say "licenza" assuming this means licensed by FPS? for the JDM? 

Light read. 

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hmn/2010/04/FPS--Fratelli-Pedrini-Sarezzo/2999971.html

Great little article! Thanks for posting it.

But let’s get some more photos of those rims! So FPS perhaps owned the design, but had some (all?) of these rims manufactured by a Japanese, or Southeast Asia, foundry? For....(a.) ’02’s sold in Japan? (b.) Mazda’s? (c.) something else? SydneyTii might have seen another set in....AUS....

The solution to your missing rim may well be somewhere in the western Pacific region.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 2 years later...
2018/9/17の午前3時37分に、conkitchenは次のように述べています。

賭け屋はってのB-yutes品たたんない 

1976年のこのFPS 

ブラウンあります。 

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

conkitchenさん、はじめまして。

たまたま今年、このホイールと同じ物を中古で購入しホイールについて調べていたら、ここにたどり着きました。

私は日本人です。

このホイールは皆さんが言ってる様に、70年代に日本で販売された物らしいです。

私のホイールにも78年の刻印がありました。

古すぎるのと、日本にも有名で人気のメーカーがある為、日本でも全く見ないホイールです。

私はAE86を所有しているので、純正ホイールのイントラ社製のホイールに似ていたのでたまたま売りに出されていた物を個人売買で買いました。

私のは14インチの6Jオフセット16です。

英語わからないので日本語で書いたし、

2年前のスレではこのコメントも届かないかな?

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Quatre said:

conkitchenさん、はじめまして。

たまたま今年、このホイールと同じ物を中古で購入しホイールについて調べていたら、ここにたどり着きました。

私は日本人です。

このホイールは皆さんが言ってる様に、70年代に日本で販売された物らしいです。

私のホイールにも78年の刻印がありました。

古すぎるのと、日本にも有名で人気のメーカーがある為、日本でも全く見ないホイールです。

私はAE86を所有しているので、純正ホイールのイントラ社製のホイールに似ていたのでたまたま売りに出されていた物を個人売買で買いました。

私のは14インチの6Jオフセット16です。

英語わからないので日本語で書いたし、

2年前のスレではこのコメントも届かないかな?

Trabslation:

Nice to meet you. I happened to get here this year when I bought the same wheel as a used one and was researching about the wheel. I am Japanese. As you say, this wheel seems to have been sold in Japan in the 70's. My wheel also had a 78 year stamp. It is a wheel that I have never seen in Japan because it is too old and there is a famous and popular manufacturer in Japan. Since I own an AE86, I bought the one that happened to be on sale for private sale because it resembled a genuine Intra wheel. My one is a 14 inch 6J offset 16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

39 minutes ago, steve k. said:

Trabslation:

Nice to meet you. I happened to get here this year when I bought the same wheel as a used one and was researching about the wheel. I am Japanese. As you say, this wheel seems to have been sold in Japan in the 70's. My wheel also had a 78 year stamp. It is a wheel that I have never seen in Japan because it is too old and there is a famous and popular manufacturer in Japan. Since I own an AE86, I bought the one that happened to be on sale for private sale because it resembled a genuine Intra wheel. My one is a 14 inch 6J offset 16

Mr.steve k. 

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to translate this Japanese into English.

英語殆ど出来ないので私の様に翻訳アプリで誰かに何となく伝わってくれれば良いかなとダメ元でコメントしてみました。

英語に翻訳して頂きありがとうございました。

Thank you so much.