• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autozone trim on my 1600

ryansti

when I did the stick on trim I bought 4 new seam covers and did this. You need to snip the back sides off where they slide on to the oem trim , then massage them to the contour of the stick on trim, then I used 3m adheasive to just glue them on. OEM trim is so fragile. Doesnt take much to ding.

when I did the stick on trim I bought 4 new seam covers and did this. You need to snip the back sides off where they slide on to the oem trim , then massage them to the contour of the stick on trim, then I used 3m adheasive to just glue them on. OEM trim is so fragile. Doesnt take much to ding.

I'd love to see some pics!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had two rolls of this stuff sitting in the garage since the original post. I finally got off my butt this morning and did the install. I'm angry at myself for waiting so long.

Ridiculously easy to apply and takes ten years off the car's age. It's amazing how that trim can make or break the whole appearance.

Seriously considering the rain gutter now...

~Rob

'73 2002 Warmbold Rally Car Imitator

'89 325i Time Capsule

I finally joined the Autozone revolution , I'm very happy with the results , the cuts are now white & hardly show, 2 rolls 1 happy car .

IMG_0457-1_zpsa1239645.jpg

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

@Steve:

Nice to know I`m not the only one running mis-matched wheels. Though yours are closer than mine!

Everybody is reporting back good results with this stuff, I may have to give it a shot. It may look good on my now black 1600. As an added bonus, I get 20% off it!

-Jake

`70 Black 1602 - My Beater
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/135517-saving-a-1970-1602/

`03 GMC S10 - Fiance`s Truck/Parts Hauler

Hi Jake, I am running a miss match as I removed my race tires from the front, now I have another set of Miata wheels with my track tires on all 4 . Sorry but I usually run matched wheels , now I can run on matched Yokohama Advan 032's on all 4 corners at Willow Springs.. :)

Not that there is anything wrong with a miss-match ;)

The trim is really cool & dead easy to put on too .

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Cheers I just went through your build , nice save, I like the orange & black combo too.You certainlr brought the front end back from the dead :)

I`m giving it my best shot anyway :) The next big challenge is the rapidly disappearing rockers.... Once I get it solid I plan on doing the bodywork finish quality and painting it a reverse-alpina style. Not sure if it will get flares or not yet. Just posted like 20 more pics tonight, I hope nobody with dialup opens my thread, lol.

`70 Black 1602 - My Beater
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/135517-saving-a-1970-1602/

`03 GMC S10 - Fiance`s Truck/Parts Hauler

• 6 months later...