• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autozone trim on my 1600

ryansti

looks great, is there any discoloration where you cut as in picture #3?

It's just dark grey on the end, unless you bend down and get a foot away you would never even notice.

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk

no discoloration in the trim...what paul is talking about is that you'll see, looking straight on at the butt end of the cut, the dark grey adhesive strip....i've had this stuff on my e21 for about 5 years and never notice the adhesive strip showing

k4jfiq.jpg

btw...that some 1 1/2 inch trim along the bumper

no discoloration in the trim...what paul is talking about is that you'll see, looking straight on at the butt end of the cut, the dark grey adhesive strip....i've had this stuff on my e21 for about 5 years and never notice the adhesive strip showing

k4jfiq.jpg

btw...that some 1 1/2 inch trim along the bumper

Thank you for your the info esty. by the way your car looks great :-)

Again compliments..excellent job...I assume that to get it dead nuts straight on the straight pieces just takes patience...Thanks for the updated photos..

Forgot to mention that the paint(s) looks great...Dave V. in NC

dave actually it's easy, like applying pinstripes....stick it at one end, walk to the other end with the strip held away from the car, lightly stretch so it's straight...look down the line of the car and stick the other end...go back along the trim, pressing firmly

• 1 year later...
Looks superb, love the two tone. Have you got a close-up shot of an end to the trim around the shut lines? I presume this is self-adhesive?

Money well saved I reckon.

Anyone else been running this for a while? Does it stay on? Stay shiny?

Nick, if you can't get it where you are and need a roll or two let me know and I can send some out to you. I have used it for the 1st time couple of years ago after the body shop couldn't put the trims back on properly. I love it and it still looks new.

Nick, if you can't get it where you are and need a roll or two let me know and I can send some out to you. I have used it for the 1st time couple of years ago after the body shop couldn't put the trims back on properly. I love it and it still looks new.

thanks for the offer, but I've seen it over here. Might give it a go on a future project. Cheers, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Thanks for the update. It's awesome when old posts get status updates after years.

Does your car see sun/weather or does it stay inside when not driven?

BTW, the 2-tone paint is cool as hell.

It's in the garage at night. It's been my daily ever since I sold my truck though. Rain or shine LOL

70 BMW 1600 Malaga & Nevada

And a bunch of other old junk