• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction and our 73 Fjord tii

kmoy2002

Been lurking for a long time, just never had time to properly introduce myself. The tii has been in our family for quite some time. Unfortunately it only gets driven a handful of times during the summer. Nevertheless, here it is in all its glory.

I have a few questions that I hope you experts may help with:

1. I searched and could not find a source for either the italian signal lenses or the flat euro lenses. Where can I order a pair

2. I noticed some 02's had bumpers that fit flush with the body. Which model year or part number are those bumper mounts?

minidsc01946.jpg

minidsc01947.jpg

minidsc01948.jpg

minidsc02038.jpg

minidsc02046.jpg

minidsc02047.jpg

minidsc02048.jpg

minidsc02049.jpg

'73 2002tii Fjord Metallic Blue

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic

Welcome! Your Fjord looks fantastic. Are you in New York (the 347 area code in the window ad)?

The close rear bumpers are on '72 and earlier cars. 1973 had special reinforced brackets that moved the bumpers away from the body.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

you want the euro front bumper brackets to bring the bumper closer to the body. Change the rears too while you're at it.

(L) IS PART #51111815493 ® IS #51111815494. Go to Maximillian Importing or your local dealer. Price is not that bad.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=2581&mospid=47131&hg=51

Page ought2 on this board. He can hook you up with the pair of Italian,clear or amber flat turns. Awesome guy to deal with.

Welcome!

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

2. I noticed some 02's had bumpers that fit flush with the body. Which model year or part number are those bumper mounts?

Aside from getting the parts, it's not such a simple task. While earlier '72 brackets will bolt up easily and draw the bumpers closer to the body, the bumper end attachment points on the rear quarters will need to be redrilled to tie down the ends. Shorter bumper brackets can be fitted to the front with a bit of finagle-ing, but it's clearly better to redrill the bumper end mounting holes for proper fitment.

The USA-spec 1973 model year had numerous, unique features and the slightly reinforced, yet graceful chrome bumpers will actually save you some bent sheet metal whereas, the earlier brackets just make it look pretty.

Next question: How many more holes would you like to drill into your car to attract rust?

D

post-169-13667635687696_thumb.jpg

post-169-13667635689817_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Hey Delia i know its off topic but what kind of mini lites did u have on OJ. We have the same ones on my sisters new 02 and I knew they were mini lites but yours and ours are the only ones i hve seen that have those raised ribs around the center hub. All the rest seem to be smooth there. Thanks.

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

kmoy, welcome on board! Im at the other end of willow Rd in Palatine. Would love to see the car sometime! Im a regular over in Glenview as my inlaws live at Waukegan and LC Rd. I usually run by the Dairy Bar a few times over the summer with my car, we should meet up there for a cone sometime. You can reach me off the FAQ at tiitouring02 at yahoo.

Welcome again,

Martin

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for the advice. I think I'll stick with these mounts for the time being. There are a few things I would like to perfect on the car and should be spending more time with those little details.

I'm located a few miles away from Willow Road in Glenview. Maybe we can get together sometime during the summer.

'73 2002tii Fjord Metallic Blue

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic