• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1800 NK restoration prject

rey949

• 2 weeks later...

Ray, it was great meeting you at the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet... The Bob Murphy Tii is better in person than the pictures show. Can't wait to see your NK's in person one day.

If you ever feel like parting with those Alpina wheels, I know of a TiSA that could use them. ;)

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Tom,

Nice meeting you as well. Next year I hope to have some of my NK cars to the SoCal Vintage meet. If you are ever in the San Clemente area look me up. You are welcome to stop by and check out the cars anytime!

IF I ever did sell those ALPINAs I will let you know first!

Thanks,

Rey

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

Getting the engine ready... Decided to hold back the A4 engine and put that engine into a 2002Tii project I am in the process of planning with some help from a friend of mine....in the meantime we are going with an M10 2.2L build and EFI on this engine. Also considering the five speed 320is OD tranny.

Some pics of the engine build..."Pure Performance" owner Dan Wennerberg is my engine builder...I think one of the best..prepping for installation....

Rey

post-18159-13667651346428_thumb.jpg

post-18159-13667651348054_thumb.jpg

post-18159-13667651349538_thumb.jpg

David,

I believe Dan had them made for this application. We worked ith a local company.

Try Borla. They just purchased the company that we obtained these from. You are referring to the fuel rail and ITBs correct?

Email me and I can get more details from Dan.

Thanks,

Rey

I'm curious as to what type of cam position sensor you have and how it works. I plan on doing this with my 02 in a few years as soon as I get out of school!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Nathan,

great question! Dan is putting all of this together so he is he expert, but my take on it is we are using a hall sensor and positioning it so it works off of the cam as you mentioned using all stainless fasteners and one steel fastener to trigger the sensor.

I am not sure if he is using a batch or sequential fire system, but I will get on the front end of that and find out.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Rey

David,

I believe Dan had them made for this application. We worked ith a local company.

Try Borla. They just purchased the company that we obtained these from. You are referring to the fuel rail and ITBs correct?

Thanks,

Rey

Rey,

I am just talking about the fuel rails themselves, along with mounting, plumbing, etc. I have a set of dbilas ITBs. I was thinking about running a short fuel rail for each pair of throttle bodies rather than one long one. If you want to e-mail me off-line, I can be reached at leaningleftATgmailDOTcom.

Edit - I took your suggestion and looked up Borla. They purchased TWM. They seem to make a DCOE-style fuel rail system, which looks like what you have. I'll contact them to see how pricey it is. :)

Thanks!

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Rey,

So it sounds like you're using a steel cam gear bolt for the hall trigger correct? I'm curious to see how accurate this is. I'd assume fairly but this will be very interesting to see! I will be following!

Nathan

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

David,

Thanks,

Rey

Rey,

I am just talking about the fuel rails themselves, along with mounting, plumbing, etc. I have a set of dbilas ITBs. I was thinking about running a short fuel rail for each pair of throttle bodies rather than one long one. If you want to e-mail me off-line, I can be reached at leaningleftATgmailDOTcom.

Edit - I took your suggestion and looked up Borla. They purchased TWM. They seem to make a DCOE-style fuel rail system, which looks like what you have. I'll contact them to see how pricey it is. :)

Thanks!

You might be able to get some info from Kevin at Extrudabody:

http://www.extrudabody.com/servlet/StoreFront

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290