• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Alive! (Just in time for V@V)

ClayW

We finally got the 1600 to start last night. Tears were shed, Angels sang and beers were enjoyed.

HPIM2302.jpg

Oddly enough, this image properly depicts Jay's demeanor.

HPIM2299.jpg

Still left to do: Bleed the brakes and clutch, install the carpet, wrap up the wiring, finish tinkering with the door and install a bunch of tiny detail parts.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

That is damn impressive guys!!! Sorry that we were not able to make it back out to lend a hand, wish I could have helped more. I hope that the drive to NC is trouble free, good luck and have fun.

Chris

Clay,

Your car has come so far, so fast. Glad I was there to witness at least one day of the madness. I gotta say it again -- your wheels look awesome, just right for your car. See you at V&V.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

All righty! Have a safe trip down, and I have to agree that those wheels have just the right subtle attitude for your car.

I thought that you had sold the hood to Fjord car...Marc, Jim, and esp Bill Williams are very kind to haul the rear lid down for me. If you have any trouble finding me (doubt it..), I will also spend some time at the e9 tent..Look forward to seeing your new ride in person.

Dave V. in NC

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of brackets did you use on the front fog/driving lights? Beautiful car by the way.

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

Clay,

It has been a true pleasure working with you and the rest if the local (and not-so-local) 02 gang. That your 1600 is ready for action after just 6 weeks, including a motor swap, harassment by my neighbors, weather interruptions, and the inconveniences imposed by having to earn a living with a full time job, is a testimony to your strong work ethic, good humor, and friendly nature. As Dudley has often said, we could have been doing many other things during our evenings and weekends, but we indicated our preference to work with you on your car. It has been inspiring to witness the rapid and steady progress on the car, and the growing cameraderie of the Ivy Street Motor Works crew. I look forward to many more evenings and weekends working on cars in my driveway and garage.

I wish you and Dana a safe, speedy and enjoyable journey to and from V@V!

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Clay,

Great job by all the helpers.What a solid bunch...have a great a safe trip to V$V.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.