• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 madness

M3M3

ah yes. those were the pages i was going through when i set up the LC-1 outputs the other night. that should be all good. i may try a direct voltage reading off the output wire tomorrrow to see if it is on right part of graph slope for the gauge afr.

John at MAXX is also suggesting a possible voltage differential. my gounds are short and all together, but the LC-2 pulls power from differnent relay than the MAXX does.

2xM3

McMaster never ceases to amaze me! That's actually pretty typical timing. I think that they are right next to all of the shipping hubs for NY, and being in DC I tend to get anything shipped ground in 2 days... sometimes next day if I order the stuff early in the morning.

I used a couple of those couplers in my Opel's coolant system to adapt the Honda radiator in to the mix. All it took me was a matter of looking up my order history and posting the links.

Here is to Vroom Vroom!

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"

Yeah, there's a big sticky (I think) on proper grounds at the Innovate forum.

I'm sure you'll find the issue shortly!

Cheers,

Ray

ah yes. those were the pages i was going through when i set up the LC-1 outputs the other night. that should be all good. i may try a direct voltage reading off the output wire tomorrrow to see if it is on right part of graph slope for the gauge afr.

John at MAXX is also suggesting a possible voltage differential. my gounds are short and all together, but the LC-2 pulls power from differnent relay than the MAXX does.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Big grin! Started her up tonight to check all the hoses, fluids, temps and well, to see if it ran.

Video

thankfully, that turbo exhaust is dang (too?) quiet. No neighbors were disturbed as I was revving it up at 9pm…

Nothing leaked.

Water temp ok. Got a little hot in running in a garage for 30min, but cooling system kept control.

Hottest it got.

DSCN4923.jpg

Where it was at most of the time.

DSCN4922.jpg

Oil temp came up slowly and then held steady at about 190. IR thermometer showed oil cooler doing it’s thing.

Oil pressure 60+.

Listened with stethoscope to valve train, timing chain and bottom end. Quiet. No weird noises.

Adjusted fuel pressure to 44psi ish.

O2 sensor appeared to overheat once (it is in stock location) threw code E8. Came back to life after restart. IR temp at base only about 425. I guess I should move it to the Y-pipe.

Checking MAXX

DSCN4917.jpg

Still have the WBO2 mismatch. X-16 showed this most of the time

DSCN4920.jpg

MAXX screen was two points higher and didn’t vary much at all.

DSCN4919.jpg

It seemed to run fine with lamda control OFF. Started right up and idled well. Turning lamda control ON did not seem to make much difference. I know WBO2’s are hyper about grounds…I have all the electronic grounds together and run to engine. However, the WBO2 pulls power from separate relay than the ECU/MAXX does. May have to try moving it to same power source.

I also tested clutch and gearbox by running through the gears…no issues found. As soon as I try fitting the exhaust seal Jim G picked up, it comes off jackstands for test drive.

2xM3

Cool!

If it were running as lean as the a/n suggests, I think you'd know it.

Guess you should look at your O2 sensor inputs to a/n again.

Are u still running a NBO2 sensor? Maybe a/n is reading the wrong sensor?

... My wbO2 is not wired into the a/n (don't get me started).

GL,

Ray

Ray

You'll need to wait until he upgrades the motor to 2.5 next year. The turbo exhaust will then become too restrictive.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

[quote name="

thankfully' date=' that turbo exhaust is dang (too?) quiet. [/quote]

Just so you know..If you decide to do something about that, I would like to buy a used turbo system. Depending on how you adapted it I guess.

Ray

CONGRATS! Your neighbors would be calling if you had the same exhaust that Tim Jones' has on his Polaris M2.

Exhaust seal and hood installation tonight. Cannot wait.

ps: Note your odometer currently reads "1111". Interesting milestone for your car.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Man theres been alot of progress on this thing since the last time i looked! 5 pages of progress to be exact! ( and its been less than a month)

Still really hoping that My tii will be ship shape within the next 8 days (YIKES()

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Just one other thing that I noticed.. Watch your throttle cable in your video around 14 seconds.. The cable vibrates back and forth alot.. Is it supposed to do that?

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Big grin! Started her up tonight to check all the hoses, fluids, temps and well, to see if it ran.

Video

thankfully, that turbo exhaust is dang (too?) quiet. No neighbors were disturbed as I was revving it up at 9pm…

Nothing leaked.

Water temp ok. Got a little hot in running in a garage for 30min, but cooling system kept control.

Hottest it got.

DSCN4923.jpg

Where it was at most of the time.

DSCN4922.jpg

Oil temp came up slowly and then held steady at about 190. IR thermometer showed oil cooler doing it’s thing.

Oil pressure 60+.

Listened with stethoscope to valve train, timing chain and bottom end. Quiet. No weird noises.

Adjusted fuel pressure to 44psi ish.

O2 sensor appeared to overheat once (it is in stock location) threw code E8. Came back to life after restart. IR temp at base only about 425. I guess I should move it to the Y-pipe.

Checking MAXX

DSCN4917.jpg

Still have the WBO2 mismatch. X-16 showed this most of the time

DSCN4920.jpg

MAXX screen was two points higher and didn’t vary much at all.

DSCN4919.jpg

It seemed to run fine with lamda control OFF. Started right up and idled well. Turning lamda control ON did not seem to make much difference. I know WBO2’s are hyper about grounds…I have all the electronic grounds together and run to engine. However, the WBO2 pulls power from separate relay than the ECU/MAXX does. May have to try moving it to same power source.

I also tested clutch and gearbox by running through the gears…no issues found. As soon as I try fitting the exhaust seal Jim G picked up, it comes off jackstands for test drive.

Hey, what'd you use for your gauge cluster? That looks really nice. Is it a textured paint or something??

Just one other thing that I noticed.. Watch your throttle cable in your video around 14 seconds.. The cable vibrates back and forth alot.. Is it supposed to do that?

at idle there is just tiniest bit of slack. combine that with all urethane engine and tranny mounts, a 750i vibration damper on the engine and the car sitting on its frame rails on metal jackstands, and you don't have much vibration absorbtion....

i hope not to be at idle a lot...or on jackstands!

2xM3

gauge cluster..

the stock one or the one on the dash?

stock one is late model cluster with the wood pealed off and black cleaned up. at least that is what the last owner told me.

dash cluster is cheap plastic thing from somewhere online...egauges maybe.

2xM3