• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lebowski's Absolutely Kosher Turbo Project

Lebowski

Teaser pic! These came via fedex just as I was pulling out to leave Friday... shipment was delayed due to the Iceland volcano. Stay tuned for fender rolling and squeezing 15"x7.5" in the rear...

Will be like driving a $100,000 car and parking it in front of a $25,000 house... ;)

post-14664-13667624836958_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Teaser pic! These came via fedex just as I was pulling out to leave Friday... shipment was delayed due to the Iceland volcano. Stay tuned for fender rolling and squeezing 15"x7.5" in the rear...

Will be like driving a $100,000 car and parking it in front of a $25,000 house... ;)

YESSSSSSSSS... POST PICS ASAP!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Oooohhhhh, Schmidts! You ARE installing them before V at the V, right? Can't wait to check your car out!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new wheels mounted, good thing I hadn't repainted yet since it took some rather aggressive fender rolling in the rear. Maybe I'll get some Alpina flares when bodywork time rolls around...

Here's my post with wheel pics in the general forum:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,341765/

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

• 4 months later...
can it hang with the ctsv in your garage now?

Ha....um....no.

The 2002 does weigh exactly 1/2 the weight of the CTS-V though, so the power to weight ratio makes up some of the difference! My wife says I'm schizophrenic when it comes to my cars... big heavy "Shag-illac" criuser. Small and light 2002.

I do have the 2002 running better now, and have boosted to 15psi with no issues... feels pretty quick! I still need to do some fine tuning...

Will post back with an update in a week or so!

Aaron

• 4 months later...

Getting ready for the next project...

Haven't updated in a while but if you missed my posts a few months back I broke another exhaust manifold stud for a total of 3. After some great FAQ discussions and talking with the turbo manifold fabricator I'm going to switch to some ARP studs with factory copper nuts. We'll see if this does the trick.

I had the intake piping after the intercooler remade to eliminate some of the extra joints I had when I cobbled it together myself. Should help to ensure I'm not leaking under boost... see pic.

It's been cold and I haven't been too motivated lately so there has been plenty of time for scope creep... I've always been unhappy with the height of my front end on IE stage IIs even with 1 coil cut. So I finally shelled out for some Ground Control coilovers. At the same time I figured I would go ahead and upgrade the front Tii brakes to vented 320 disks and e24 calipers. I love Lee's Wildwood kits but no one will see the calipers behind my wheels anyway and I thought the $ would be better spent on the coilovers. I did have a set of Lee's roll center spacers that I'm planning on installing too.

I'm also completely rebuilding the front suspension at the same time since I'll be in there anyway... and I may regret it, but after a lot of thread searching and discussion I'm going to go all urethane in front. I've been running urethane motor and transmission mounts and have found it pretty buzzy, so I'm going to change out the tranny mount for HD rubber and we'll see... not looking for daily driver comfort anyway.

Even though the exterior should be my next step, I can't stand how uncomfortable my e21 Recaros have become. I think they just need new webbing but after much thought I've ordered a set of Sebring seats from GTS Classics/classiccarseats.com. Stefan has been awesome to work with and I should have pics and a update for the seats in a few weeks. Seats are going to be red vinyl with VW black/red plaid inserts... should look sharp with some new Bluedevil's red seat belts!

Looking forward to finishing these few things and doing some more tuning before MidAm 02 fest in Eureka Springs in April! Will keep you all posted!

My 02 does have some good company to keep her warm while waiting to finish this project... a nice R69S and an E12. Unfortunately, neither of these are mine :(

post-5888-13667637335809_thumb.jpg

post-5888-13667637338171_thumb.jpg

post-5888-13667637340251_thumb.jpg

post-5888-13667637342628_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Hey man I just have to say thats an awesome build. I went to school up in Mcpherson for 4 years for auto restoration and dont know how we never got hooked up. I will be out there for our schools car show this may maybe we can meet up and take a look at that beauty. I may have one of my 02s with me too. Good luck with the engine rebuild.

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

Hey man I just have to say thats an awesome build. I went to school up in Mcpherson for 4 years for auto restoration and dont know how we never got hooked up. I will be out there for our schools car show this may maybe we can meet up and take a look at that beauty. I may have one of my 02s with me too. Good luck with the engine rebuild.

Man, I wish you were closer... been looking for a reputable body shop in the area willing to take the time to paint my car right. Definitely email me through my profile when you come back and we can get together. Should be back together by then! Have you thought about coming to the MidAm fest in Eureka Springs, Arkansas this April?

Aaron

Hey thanks man yeah I have thought about coming for that but with buying another 02 lol and going back to school twice in May money is just not there this year. You going to come to the vintage?

73 colorado orange 2002 in restoration

owned for 30years

71 2002 gone to parts heaven

72 2002 Malaga Sisters

05 Mini S Moms

FAQ member # 31

Can't wait to see the stance with coilovers and Schmidts!

I trust they'll clear the coilover???

I've got my fingers and other appendages crossed Tom! The fronts are 15x7 ET 25 which is pretty conservative I think. I'm doing the conventional Tii to '77 320 big brake conversion at the same time so I'm sweating a bit.

But I love these wheels so much that if I have to do Alpina lip flares to fit the wheels, so be it. I REALLY want to find a way to put a spacer on the fronts to get clearance from the spindle dust caps to be able to use my spike center caps!

I'll let you know how it goes, but you've set the bar pretty high lately with your wheels and stance. If I only had the patience to clean BBS RS mesh wheels... been down that road before and my fingers still remember the pain...

Aaron