• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VA/MD/DC - Parts Swap is On -- Sat, March 27, Noon til ?

Ian,

Glad to make it,always in the market for something it seems.Shoot me your addy or call me at 202-251-0368,

See you on the 27th.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont mind, I would be willing to take it off your hands...

I will try to find an original steering wheel if anyone would like it, also, I might be swapping my rims out for bottle caps so i will either have bottle caps or originals to part with (pun intended)...

trade ya the fuel pump for an original steering wheel..condition not important, i just need something to move a car around.

or you can just have the pump! :-)

2xM3

we should post up lists of stuff we will bring for swapping...i will work on mine tonight. wx is looking ok!

some i can think of now:

stock fuel pump

rear billy hd's

stock starter

misc roundie taillights

tii header and downpipe

320 brake shoes (used)

e30/e21 m10 coated longtube header bavauto

2xM3

Looks like we are going to have a good sized group showing up. FYI, my driveway and side yard can hold about 10 cars. First 10 get off street parking. However, your cars will need to have good e-brakes as the driveway is sloped. So far, the weather forecast shows 54 degrees and sunny.

The following people (by username) have said that they are coming:

1) dtharp113

2) powelli

3) williamggruff

4) Bill_Riblett

5) mlytle

6) mcaden

7) mollysdad

8) THE1ST3

9) jgerock

10) john_in_VA

11) ttymiller

12) monge405

13) jgmgti

14) clayw

15) otis

16) skidmarc

17) ardenk

18) eskinder

19) BillWilliams

20) redskinsjbs

21) xlittlejohnx

The idea is to keep this thing informal. There is no requirement for anyone to bring parts to swap/sell. However, if you have parts to bring, it might be helpful to respond with a list of what you have (as Marshall stated).

Also, the plan is to cookout. I'll provide the burgers, dogs and buns.

Some of you indicated that you would be willing to bring some food/drinks. If you would, please let me know what you might be willing to bring so that I can be sure to get what else is needed (ie. chips, soda, beer, etc.).

I think that most everyone on the list has received my address. If you haven't (xlittlejohnx), please send me an email and I will pass it along.

- Ian

I need to go thru my stuff but I'll at least commit to a 12 pack of cold beers (and ice) and some Johnsonville Brats (and buns).

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

I'll bring a 12 pack of beer (no guarantee of coldness), a burning hot desire to purchase a Tii brake booster in good shape, and pocket-temperature cash for said brake booster.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I'll bring some beer and picnicky salad - macaroni, potato?

I plan to bring a set of 14" E30 steel wheels (currently with snows mounted) for Clay to look at. This was the cheap, slick plus-1 Borrani-look set up in the mid-80s!

I have too many part to speculate on what is needed/wanted, so if attendees will post a wish-list...

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I'll bring some frickles, baked beans, and some cold side items. Oh yeah, beer. I have a couple 32/36 carbs, a rebuild kit, NOS late model grilles, SS front brakes lines, door handles, and all that stuff that just sits in my trunk. I could probably use a hood, but please dont bring one on my account! I could also use some window regulators, washer pump and bottle. I also really need black plastic center caps for the wheels and chrome acorn nuts for the valve cover. Center kidney grille and passenger side grille for '73. Ah, my wish list is complete for now.

'73 2002

'00 M5

I guess that I should post...

Dan Shor (Dutchie3719) asked if I would see if I might be able to pick up some parts that he has been wanting / in need of for a while.

His list includes:

- Momo hub

- a 65? amp alternator (IDK the specifics, but he has a '74 single carb squarey 02)

- The metal clips used to fasten the trim to the door. I believe that it is the middle trim. Not the chrome that goes all the way around the car or the chrome on the rockers, but the trim in the middle of the door.

- A headlight switch. His seems to be having reliabilty issues. (for a '74 02)

Cool! Now I don't have have 02 parts to swap, but I have some change that I can use to pay people. Although, Dan and I are broke-ass college kids... I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"