• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caliper Question

rgiles675

I think all '02's use or can use the 4 piston calipers, both of mine have them.

Thanks everyone for quick reply's I am about to order a set of 4 piston calipers from autohausaz along with roters and brake pads.

Is this the cheapest place I can buy these from?

Thanks

Ryan

Cheap? it's relative. Autohaus AZ or Blunt (on the board or Steve@BluntTech.com) will be the cheapest places to get quality parts.

thanks clay, i can beat autohausaz on balo rotors and quality pads but all i have are rebuild kits for the calipers. im working on a source for bmw rebuilt calipers. i have rebuilt volvo calipers though

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I am in the process of ordering new calipers and I am wondering if I should purchase the 4 piston calipers or the 2 piston ones? Do they both fit with no modifications?

Everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that these calipers are not interchangeable without changing other things, like the master cylinder and brake lines. 2-Piston calipers have one brake line/hose going from the master cylinder to each caliper and 4-piston calipers have 2 brake lines/hoses going from the master cylinder to each caliper.

You can not swap the calipers by themselves.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

Wat year is your 02?

What calipers are on it now???

What is your intended use of the car? I.E. AutoX, Track Days, Spirited back-road drives, weekend fun car? Or daily driver?

These questions should be answered first before we can advise you on what brakes to buy. Pads have as great effect on braking performance as BBKs do!

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20