• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED tails available on U.S classic cars but not ours

Armond

Why? I've seen them advertised on classic car magazines but most are only available for American Cars. The reproduced lights look exactly like the originals, except they are L.E.D's. I'm sure there is a demand for our cars.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

You know, I've noticed this also. I've also noticed that they don't have very many catalogs with parts available for the 02's like they have from Victoria British for Mg's and triumphs. I know that Jamic has some that you can order, but i have found any others.

I'd most deffinatly would buy some LED tail lights if they had some available.

Thanks,

zac

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

i'm in contact with a factory rep from China. I'm willing to ship them an extra set of my round tails to see if they can make some I hope the minimum order woudnt be too bad.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

i'm in contact with a factory rep from China. I'm willing to ship them an extra set of my round tails to see if they can make some I hope the minimum order woudnt be too bad.

Sweeeet I can't wait to put some more Chinese parts on my car. Maybe you can sell em' at Wal-Mart......:P

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

no, really, most of us have more taste than that...

(heh)

Many have put LED's IN the housings, as they pop better

and help the 'really dim taillight' syndrome without

(pardon the pun) China syndrome...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'm sure many of you older folk remember the days when the only quality exports coming out of China were party hats, fire crackers and finger traps. And now, 50 years later, it's uh, pretty much the same thing...

post-5612-13667600818956_thumb.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Back when I was selling bicycles, the Japanese stuff was just starting to get the recognition it deserved. When the carbon fiber bikes came out, the USA was the place to get one.

Then one day after the church social club meeting, I unpacked a Specialized Alez Epic that was made in Tiwan. The quality of the carbon fiber made the Trek look like something I made when I was 8.

I'm sure it will be the same with China.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

why messing up with something that works perfectly when in good condition ?

One superficial reason is that LEDs illuminate more quickly. So in some sense, they are 'safer'. Something like that. Of course I've seen a lot of LED setups on other cars that are much dimmer than original incandescent lights.

Mark DeBernardi

BMW2002Badge.jpg